Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Favorite non Pokemon games?

Comments

• Specter478
    Specter478 Member Posts: 301 ✭✭✭
    25 Likes 25 Agrees 25 LOLs 5 Answers

….huh?

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

@CheeseyQueso A lot of the older story was re-contextualised into the comic storyline, which as of Frontiers shares the same writer.

I really liked Shadow, along with Team Dark, in SA2 and Heroes, but they Flanderised him horribly in the Shadow the Hedgehog game and his character has constantly been misinterpreted as edgy anti-hero. He essentially took Knuckles's character, only edgier, and Knuckles became an actual moron in many adaptions.

• Pokemaster9293
    Pokemaster9293 Member Posts: 750 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 5 Answers 25 Agrees 25 Likes

I used to play a game called Frag and I was so addicted to it

• JazzyUnicornGir
    JazzyUnicornGir Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    Photogenic 25 Likes First Answer 100 Comments

@UnovanZorua Tomodachi Life is amazing. I still play it like every day. Lol

• Yodude73
    Yodude73 Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs

I really like LOZ Wind Waker on my GameCube and Pokemon Emerald and Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland for my Gameboy. So mostly older games but I just started Final Fantasy III for DS and that's also a great game.

• MonstaDash
    MonstaDash Member Posts: 89 ✭✭
    Photogenic 5 Agrees First Anniversary 5 Likes

Halo 2 Anniversary is my favorite. Second favorite game has to be Minecraft or Like a Dragon.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

@MonstaDash Why H2A specifically? How did you feel about the original?

The Blur cutscenes are great, but I don't like some art style changes or the new soundtrack. The terminals I am mixed on. They feel out of place in H2 but I don't dislike them as much as H1A's.

I loved H2 back in the day, and I think it had the better story, but for me H3 was the more complete package. It felt more polished and added features like Forge.

• YagoFuecoco
    YagoFuecoco Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Answers 5 LOLs 100 Comments

OMine are: Super Mario, Animal Crossing, Pikmin and Kirby

• MonstaDash

@TheJeffers I love the original, the multiplayer experience is my personal favorite with it being well polished and just plain fun with people and the graphics are great. I do agree that Halo 3 has the more "complete package" which makes sense cause next gen game (and graphical witchcraft, it looks amazing for what it ran on and when it was released) but anniversary gives it some of the things that were missing like forge and theatre mode for the anniversary multiplayer. My only issue with Halo 2 is some of the balancing and campaign polishing, could have been done better but then again the lack of polish made it an incredibly fun game to speedrun. Halo 3's campaign was incredibly fun to play through, especially with friends. I disagree about the soundtrack, I really liked the new one (but also loved the old one) but that one seems more subjective and the artstyle I found was amazing, just well polished and more faithful to the classic Halo style than any 343 game. Also the terminals are interesting but they don't affect gameplay and can probably be ignored which makes me care less about them, just little lore snippets that are interesting (my guess at why they may have felt out of place is because it was a setup for Halo 5 with the whole Locke thing).

• MonstaDash

@TheJeffers I wrote a long response and I think it bugged out and didn't go through, lemme try to summarize what I said.

Halo 2: Fantastic multiplayer and personally my favorite, campaign is not as polished but allows for unique and interesting playthroughs.

Halo 3: Graphically amazing for what it was. Fun to play and great multiplayer. More stuff cause next gen.

H2A: Adds the stuff it missed and added graphical beauty. Soundtrack was also great but the original one was nice. Best graphics produced by 343.