Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

I wonder...

MagicarpFisher9
MagicarpFisher9 Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
25 Agrees 25 Likes 25 LOLs 100 Comments

If ditto turns into a human, can it mimic human speech (assuming that human is not a baby)?

Best Answers

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 797 ✭✭✭
    100 LOLs 100 Likes 100 Agrees 500 Comments
    #2 Answer ✓

Sun and Moon had a ditto turn into a human. You can find an answer there.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers
    #3 Answer ✓

In USUM, there's a sidequest in Konikoni city that starts when interacting with the guy inside the police station near Konikoni. This is all from memory so I might misremember some details but I remember the important parts. He asks you to find a group of five Ditto who like impersonating people. You can tell that they're Ditto because they say variations of "Ditto!" instead of normal human speech, then battle you when you respond. Once you finish by catching or defeating all five Ditto, you talk to the policeman again and he gives you money.

Then, he mentions how Ditto can't speak like humans, and wonders if there's a Ditto out there that can speak like a human, and the camera zooms in on the other policeman in the station who he was also talking to saying something I forgot. But I remember it was suspicious.

Answers

• MagicarpFisher9

And if so, can it replicate that human's voice, or just any human voice?

• MagicarpFisher9

Thanks @Eremas. I haven't played SM.

• MegaEagle9
    MegaEagle9 Member Posts: 38
    Name Dropper 10 Comments Photogenic

But can a ditto turn into a tree?

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 LOLs 50 Answers 500 Comments

@MegaEagle9 it'll just be a tree with a face. Pokedex states that Ditto turns into random objects so it can sleep undisturbed. Something like rocks, or twigs.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

wait if a shiny ditto changes into shiny variants how would a shiny tree look like a shiny rock a shiny human a shiny flower or otherwise

• WildWorld1996
    WildWorld1996 Member Posts: 50
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 10 Comments Photogenic

@clasingla Well, that was only in Stadium 2 and the Gen III games. Before then, it was its original color, and since then, it's been whether the target is Shiny. So, if we're not living in Gen III, I guess we'd need to find a Shiny tree to find out.