Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Manipulated cards

After I win a match or two I notice I can never get my plays out because it seems to purposely give me cards that can will not help me in no way on every draw. Getting nothing but my evolutions or cards like switch or energy for several turns.

Comments

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees

I been there... feels like it's purposely done, but then I realize it's the poor TCG Live devs behind it... no way they could come up with that kind of elaborated scheme.

• DeFShoT420
    DeFShoT420 Member Posts: 5
    First Comment First Anniversary

it’s so obvious that they manipulate the cards I can have like rotom, greninja, dudusparse cards that allow me a lot of cards but it keep me from getting specific cards until literally the end of my deck then mean while every card my opponent draws happens to be a card that allows a combo of effects to give them the advantage. Then when I’m one turn away from changing the tide of the game they play llono or some other BS Wake up I literally on the verge of deleting this app. Because no matter how you look at it manipulation of the cards is cheating whether it’s because of skill based match or just a bot. I say shame on Pokémon company

• GMax_Big_Guns
    GMax_Big_Guns Member Posts: 18
    5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs 10 Comments

I agree. I've played PTCG for about 3+ years ongoing, and I can testify that cards are definitely being manipulated to stop you from getting a decent hand after your 1st or 2nd win with any deck. They had kept me stuck for multiple turns with no draw option when I have bibarel, ultra ball, arezu, iono and 10 in total of supporters in my deck, even tatsugiri and mew ex. Someone is definitely controlling the RNG in the deep web and selling wins for cheaters or sadistic psychopaths who loves watching players suffer.

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 100 Likes

im the exact same way guys, whenever i play the tcg in real life i always look at my opponents cards while they take a break and they have the best cards ever up next, just shameless cheating, and they probably do the same thing in the online game too

• Nashedtators
    Nashedtators Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    5 Answers 25 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs

Y'all there's no way the devs who can't make an update without game breaking bugs would have the ability to give you bad draws. The program would have to know and understand the board state, including what deck you have and what deck you're up against, what cards are in your discard pile and your hand, look at all that and be able to select a detrimental card. Stop with these conspiracies, and go play IRL so you can see how random and unfair real shuffling can be.

• DeFShoT420

lol yeah there’s no way a computer can calculate that the second you enter a battle lol

Of course it can and I’m sure it’s because random can not be truly generated so the cpu has to rely on the programming that will end up repeating it self

• stealthboy2600
    stealthboy2600 Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Likes First Answer Second Anniversary

Look up Hanlon's Razor. Completely applicable in this situation.

• DeFShoT420

lol so I’m just paranoid… no if you think that you are in denial. Being so reliant on technology you think it’s flawless. Or you just blindly believe what ever is convenient. It obviously does some kind of handicap when battling less experienced or lower rank players. Which means random does not exist and can not exist in any program. It’s impossible to tel a computer to do something random especially in cards a pattern will always show. Just because you can’t predict what is next does not mean random.

• Ampersundae
    Ampersundae Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Agrees Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited September 5 #10

So @DeFShoT420 tell us more about your credentials in computer programming. "Random" is usually generated by… well anybody could look it up.

@stealthboy2600 is correct. Hanlon's Razor. It's random. End of story.