Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Countown timer starts right away

I'm wondering if this is happening to anyone else. In every game I played today the countdown timer began as soon as my turn started giving me on average about 10 seconds per action. Sometimes the game would stall while the timer was still running causing my turn to end without me taking an action. 10 seconds is not enough time to play out a turn and it really hinderd the experiences .

Comments

• Julia7937
    Julia7937 Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited January 2023 #2

yup that's a bug that happens, i have it too on my laptop. I hope they fix it

• Goldywell
    Goldywell Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I am having the same issue and the game is unplayable. I can't even use a Marnie because I'll run out of time because the timer keeps running during the animation. I've lost already 3 or 4 games because of this bug before giving up on it until I can come up with a solution. Sad because I'll loose the last days of the ladder and won't be able to complete it :(

• Emmanuel1969
    Emmanuel1969 Member Posts: 43
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees 10 Comments
    edited January 2023 #4

Same for account of my daughter.

Edit : after testing on my laptop, seems bug are only on her laptop (windows10), not mine (windows11).

• Emmanuel1969
    edited January 2023 #5

More information : the count begins at the start of the game. Even before the turn begins, and allow 1 second to choose the active pokemon in the first turn. Totally unplayable.

No problems with the account on W11. Unplayable on W10. This is the only difference i can see.

• Tannerlini
    Tannerlini Member Posts: 6
    First Comment Photogenic 5 Agrees

Yeah this is super annoying. Especially when the animations cut into my time. How am I supposed to do anything when I have 4 seconds?

• Evil_Ted2001
    Evil_Ted2001 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I reported this, and they say it's being investigated but from what I've read, this has been an issue for some time. I'm using a laptop with Windows 11 and I have this issue, but not on my work devices, which I find very strange.

• Emmanuel1969

No changes with yesterday's update.

My counter is triggered even during the opponent's turn.

And there are 0 seconds of play left once my turn has arrived. Totally unplayable.