Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Please give me tips

UnovanZorua
UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

I started playing this game a few days ago, I also played for a short while when it was just released. Currently stuck at the bottom of Great rank. Can someone tell me what I can do to get better? I will not change what mon I use by the way. Delphox is a necessity.

Currently I use:

DELPHOX

Moves: Fire Spin and Fire Blast

Items: X Attack as battle item, Rocky Helmet, Wise Glasses, and Leftovers as held items (all temporarily lv30)

Boost Emblems: -120 HP, -3.6 Attack, +5.4 Sp. Attack, +42 Movement Speed, +0.6 Crit Rate

My strategy is mostly hoping I can become Delphox as quickly as possible and spamming a Fire Spin and Fire Blast combo with an occasional Unite Move. It defeats opponents pretty quickly as long as it hits and there aren't too many of them or I'm at low health or I'm at the opponents' goal. Before I get to Delphox I just sit near one of my team's goals waiting for foes or defeating wild Pokémon, spam anything, and hope I win.

Comments

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

don’t know I’m a meowscrada main which I use trailblaze and xspeed and flower trick flower trick cause it always hit and then use the xspeed to get away I can use trailblaze to quickly avoid opponents by going past walls this strategy has been working well for me in casual getting me mvp twice in a row since I started using it

• Pokemaster9293
    Pokemaster9293 Member Posts: 750 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 5 Answers 25 Agrees 25 Likes

try beginner friendly Pokémon and give me your username I can help you climb ranked on every Friday, Saturday and Sunday

• Pokemaster9293

For speedster: Zeraora

For defending: Trevenant

For attacker: Glaceon

For all-rounder: Dragonite

For supporter: Comfey

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 100 Likes

Use https://unite-db.com/ for suggested builds in general.

Rocky Helmet and Leftovers are pretty ineffective items. Delphox prefers energy amplifier to spam unite moves fast off its low cooldown and going all in on SpA items like slick spoon/choice specs/wise glasses/curse incense.

Delphox has no dashes so you might want to run eject button or x speed for mobility.

Emblem wise you generally don't want to lower HP. Crit rate doesn't help delphox much since it only affects its basic attacks which are usually physical.

• Flametix

You may also want to try Mystical Fire since it becomes a very spammable low cooldown move and combos well with either move 2. I forgot it had a dash in flame charge which you can use while casting to dodge or adjust your angle and can be pretty tricky.

In general the rest comes down to general tips like fighting with your team at important objectives. In the earlygame you want to try to be aggressive and potentially take wild pokemon from the opponent side with projectiles to deny them that exp.

• Flametix

Finally I would look up some high rank/solo queue videos from a youtuber like spragels or crisheroes to see how they play in practice and see what you can learn from them at each stage of the game. In beginner and great rank you pretty much just fight bots so I think at this point you just need to work on the fundamentals.

• Pokemaster9293

yea that’s how I started to learn Pokémon UNITE again after 2 years of not playing the game

• UnovanZorua

@Flametix

Thanks!

• UnovanZorua

I got to Expert rank yesterday! Also, I was exaggerating a little when I said I was stuck, I was at Great rank class 4 and had lost two or three battles.

• Pokemaster9293

u do not want to know how may battles I’ve lost in vet 5 and 4