Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Should Boss’s Orders be removed

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

Then you should probably just play solitaire if you don't want to play against interaction.

• JazzyUnicornGir
    JazzyUnicornGir Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    Photogenic 25 Likes First Answer 100 Comments

Well it was the first thing I thought of when trying to say what I was saying without being unnecessarily rude

• Rsmithzesty
    Rsmithzesty Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper

i'll be honest, I've probably played thousands of matches between PTCGL and PTCGO, and I definitely think there should at least be a caveat/downside to the next boss's orders they print. Like, maybe you should have to have 2 or more prize cards than your opponent to use it. It's too good without a downside.

• Nashedtators
    Nashedtators Member Posts: 84 ✭✭
    5 Answers 25 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs

The downside is you can't use another supporter for turn? It makes it balanced because if you Iono or research into a boss, you can't use it. You have to either have it in hand, or have a way to find it WITHOUT using a supporter. Compare it to the OG gust of wind card and you'll see that boss's orders is fair

• bnsftrx7gaming
    bnsftrx7gaming Member Posts: 72
    5 LOLs Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Likes

I recently just had the worst deck combination ever. So I use a fire deck that relies on evolution Pokemon. And I faced Glaceon with mist energy and Hero’s cape that spams frost wall. Oh don’t forget spamming the healing cart and boss’s orders. And lastly they were in azelf rank. AZELF RANK WITH ME AS HOUNDOOM.

help me

• AQAhamburg
    AQAhamburg Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

any Idea of blocking Boss in Expanded ? there must be some cards that stop him by now :D

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees

@AQAhamburg if you are worried about Boss Orders in Expanded you don't know that format at all loool IJS... take a look at the top Expanded decks you will have an idea what I'm talking about.

Most don't even used to have Boss, used Guzma instead... even in the current unfinished Expanded there are wayyy much more toxic cards... Boss isn't even toxic at all for real...

• AQAhamburg
    AQAhamburg Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

@DoubleCure me just building my Water Fun Deck with them Manaphys :D

nice synergy flowing deck it kinda can handle the exp "meta" right now

It has all the protection there is but need something vs Boss or he just ends my flow XD

• mthverse
    mthverse Member Posts: 17
    5 LOLs 10 Comments First Answer First Anniversary

No the card is fair, it helps prevents players from hiding behind sacrificial lambs and fight head on. As long as cards like VIP Battle Pass and Buddy-Buddy Poffin are around cheezing out two Chamanders, cards like Boss are needed! If Rare Candy wasn't a thing then maybe Boss could go, but until then it's needed like a bucket of water for those annoying lizards!

• pokegiotar
    pokegiotar Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Hey new player here! I come from other TCG games and I kinda understand why many think that the card is fair. I mean, in every TCG there is a need for control/disruption type of cards that can mess with your adversary flow, that's the fun in it! I think that the issue with this card in particular lies on the game itself. From what I've seen this game is a "you play and the adversary watches until it's their turn to play against what you just did", so there is no real-time reaction to what's happening. I believe that many games which introduce this kind of control cards usually have ways of interacting and blocking or canceling the use of them… unless I'm missing any card in Pokemon with an ability like "Makes your active pokemon immune to effect cards that could make it lose control" or something like that. But anyways, I'm loving the game so far, but maybe adding some kind of punishment to the card might not be a bad idea, like Iono's ability on which you actually have to think twice if you want your whole hand to be sent to your deck before using it or even Prime catcher, which makes it impossible to have more than one copy on your deck or any other Ace Spec card even. The fact of it being a trainer type card is not punishment enough in my opinion…