Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Avast Antivirus is blocking PTCG Live

When I'm trying to start PTCCG Live due to Avast conflict application is stooping with info: No network found please try again start application: it is quite popular antivirus can you solve the problem

Answers

• trainerJNLY
    trainerJNLY Member Posts: 20
    First Answer 10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper

I would recommend removing Avast, especially if it is a free service. Your computer likely is already protected enough without additional software. If you have concerns about viruses I recommend using Malwarebytes.

• RYDAH_ORIGINAL
    RYDAH_ORIGINAL Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper

with all due respect i bought avast and PTCG Live literally the only game/application that having issues connecting etc... seems weird. If I want to play I do need to shutdown all anti virus functions then wait for it to go after the 5/37 loading process then reactivate it. it bothers me every time I open Live while the old TCG had no issues with it whatsoever.

• trainerJNLY
    trainerJNLY Member Posts: 20
    First Answer 10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper

@RYDAH_ORIGINAL Totally understandable. It is an issue that should definitely be fixed, I offered an alternative solution that could be an immediate workaround for some.

• Mockingdragon
    Mockingdragon Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Having the same issue, has this been fixed yet?? It's a little ridiculous to have to *disable antivirus* to run a game. I've added as an exception and no dice.

• Lucidity18
    Lucidity18 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

same issue here, just have to disable web shield then it works, this very frustrating and its the only game i have with this issue.

• Cowboydream42
    Cowboydream42 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

This game is ridiculous to have to shut down Avast, after paying for pre,ium security, This game is not worth all that, either are the cards that I am unable to redeem, due to the fact I cannot play the TCG live game.

• grriffinn
    grriffinn Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    5 Answers 100 Comments 25 Agrees Name Dropper

Avast, like all other antivirus software, can report false positives when attempting to run certain programs.

I’d report the issue via Avast’s channels and wait for a response from them, it is a false positive then they’ll flag it as such and you should be able to run Live without further issue.

• Kaioshin213
    Kaioshin213 Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper

No one needs extra anti virus programs these days as windows own protection is just as good since the time Win10 got released. Extra anti virus programs are even known for slowing PCs down and cause a lot of other issues.