Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.
Attention Trainers!

Details for anyone experiencing crashing on startup of TCG Live: https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/10650/ios-device-game-crashes-4-16-24

Avast Antivirus is blocking PTCG Live

When I'm trying to start PTCCG Live due to Avast conflict application is stooping with info: No network found please try again start application: it is quite popular antivirus can you solve the problem

Answers

• trainerJNLY
    trainerJNLY Member Posts: 20
    First Answer First Comment 5 Agrees Name Dropper

I would recommend removing Avast, especially if it is a free service. Your computer likely is already protected enough without additional software. If you have concerns about viruses I recommend using Malwarebytes.

• RYDAH_ORIGINAL
    RYDAH_ORIGINAL Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

with all due respect i bought avast and PTCG Live literally the only game/application that having issues connecting etc... seems weird. If I want to play I do need to shutdown all anti virus functions then wait for it to go after the 5/37 loading process then reactivate it. it bothers me every time I open Live while the old TCG had no issues with it whatsoever.

• trainerJNLY
    trainerJNLY Member Posts: 20
    First Answer First Comment 5 Agrees Name Dropper

@RYDAH_ORIGINAL Totally understandable. It is an issue that should definitely be fixed, I offered an alternative solution that could be an immediate workaround for some.

• Mockingdragon
    Mockingdragon Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Having the same issue, has this been fixed yet?? It's a little ridiculous to have to *disable antivirus* to run a game. I've added as an exception and no dice.

• Lucidity18
    Lucidity18 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

same issue here, just have to disable web shield then it works, this very frustrating and its the only game i have with this issue.

• Cowboydream42
    Cowboydream42 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

This game is ridiculous to have to shut down Avast, after paying for pre,ium security, This game is not worth all that, either are the cards that I am unable to redeem, due to the fact I cannot play the TCG live game.

• grriffinn
    grriffinn Member Posts: 106
    5 Agrees First Anniversary Photogenic 5 Likes
    ✭✭

Avast, like all other antivirus software, can report false positives when attempting to run certain programs.

I’d report the issue via Avast’s channels and wait for a response from them, it is a false positive then they’ll flag it as such and you should be able to run Live without further issue.