Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Annoying Censorship

Comments

• Hey_PIKMIN
    Hey_PIKMIN Member Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭
    100 Likes 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 25 Answers

@UnovanZorua @TheJeffers I think that Pokemon eating post shook things up.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

@puplover1118 ive noticed that too with myself when I first joined I got waiting for approvals quite often but now I almost never get them

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

So it seems like ranking up actually does something. I wonder what happens if someone reaches 5 stars, then. Maybe reaching 5 stars makes Legendary/Mythical pictures available. Probably not.

• NoahLaprasForum
    NoahLaprasForum Member Posts: 936 ✭✭✭
    100 Likes 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 500 Comments

@SuperSkyShaymin yes, but its good that they do this. It would be handier if it wered controlled by people

• puplover1118
    puplover1118 Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees First Anniversary 25 Likes

@UnovanZorua it's not certain that ranking up does anything. It is possible that it lowers the amount of posts caught in moderation, but that still needs to be tested in order to be either confirmed or refuted.

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 546 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 100 Likes
  • puplover1118

I'm here to give a update on my thoughts surrounding moderation.

Seeing as how both @BlaziiBoi and @JuliusVercelli seem to have their posts caught in moderation, I doubt that the age of an account has any affect on this, since the former is a relatively new account and the other has been here for over a year at this point. This also makes me doubt that moderation has significantly decreased compared to around 3/4 of a year ago or so.

Now I believe it could still be the case that rank affects moderation, or it's possible that moderation is based on the frequency of posts (specifically family-friendly ones) posted.

• BlaziiBoi
    BlaziiBoi Member Posts: 261
    25 LOLs 100 Comments 25 Likes Name Dropper

Puplover, I can get notifications from when you mention me.

• puplover1118

I know

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

@puplover1118 It is probably tied to rank.

There could be alternative or additional criteria but it is difficult to tell from the outside.

Given that we all seemed to experience a sudden relaxed moderation around the same time, it is also possible that some new rules change or coding change was implemented that affected our accounts simultaneously.

Perhaps we were manually flagged as safe, and/or other accounts were flagged as requiring stricter moderation.

Again, very difficult to tell without greater knowledge of the admin system or confirmation from a mod.