Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Annoying Censorship

SuperSkyShaymin
SuperSkyShaymin Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
5 Agrees 10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper

It's so annoying how the AI filter blocks posts it detects as having "bad" content and requires moderator approval

Comments

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

this is a part of the forums that is sometimes annoying but something that is important for the safety of children on this forum imagine someone making a person making a post with a lot of profanity it would not be helpful for it to be on the forums though I do question why some of the post are marked as waiting for approval

• Specter478
    Specter478 Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    25 Likes 25 Agrees 25 LOLs 5 Answers

It blocks harmless posts sometimes :/

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

not just AI but also blame 4kids censorship as well.

• puplover1118
    puplover1118 Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees First Anniversary 25 Likes

@Specter478 Unfortunately nothing is perfect. Though, it is more preferable to have harmless posts blocked than to let bad posts through.

• Specter478
    Specter478 Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    25 Likes 25 Agrees 25 LOLs 5 Answers

Yea i guess so

• SuperSkyShaymin

It's Pokemon, of course they have extreme censorship for children

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

I used to fall victim to this for the vast majority of my posts. I complained about it a lot. I would have to wait a day or more for my posts to be approved, by which point the discussion could have already moved on or the question would have already been answered.

But I haven't had a post held for approval for weeks.

Have they changed the system? Is there some kind of hidden trust system for which I now qualify? Do accounts of a certain age not have to wait for approval? Is it based on forum rank or points?

Or did the mods get sick and tired of reading my bloated, rambling posts and set my account to auto-approve.

Whatever the reason, I am grateful. It has made using the forum a much more pleasurable experience.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

@MajorBrendan

This site isn't controlled by 4kids though. The discussion is about how annoying it is that posts need to go through approval. No one brought up the anime's dub and jelly-filled donuts.

Anyways I have noticed that my posts have gotten instantly approved more often recently.

• SuperSkyShaymin

Wouldn't be such a problem if mods actually hurried up and approved posts faster

• puplover1118
    puplover1118 Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees First Anniversary 25 Likes

@TheJeffers Something you said is interesting:

Have they changed the system? Is there some kind of hidden trust system for which I now qualify? Do accounts of a certain age not have to wait for approval? Is it based on forum rank or points?

It does seem at a quick glance that forum rank might affect how many posts are held for approval. Both you and @UnovanZorua observed that your posts are held up in moderation less often, and the both of you have a rank of 4 stars, the highest rank anyone has up to this point that I'm aware of. On the other end, @SuperSkyShaymin, the one who created the initial post, only has a rank of 1 star. So there might be something to it, or maybe it's just a correlation, as it could be that, over time, moderation decreased as rank increased separately.