Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Pokémon that feel like they're from a different generation

Comments

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

Wait why did 3 people have the exact same answer as the person who started this thread

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

Are you guys familiar with the Dead Internet theory?

The theory that most of our interactions on the internet these days are primarily with bots.

I do not think it is some grand conspiracy. Merely the result of the sheer number of bots flooding social media, comment sections and forums for various purposes.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

I don’t think that’s the case @TheJeffers maybe some interactions but I feel most interactions are with internet addicted people like me

• receiptify
    receiptify Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

lol, let's carry the trend and i ill go on and say pokemons from United States are a different generation

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

@receiptify

A bit wrong, the bots only mentioned places that haven't had any part of them turned into a region.

• puplover1118
    puplover1118 Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees First Anniversary 25 Likes

I used to think that the Pelipper line was from Gen 7 because I first used one on my Alola team. Then, I found one in Kalos, and thought that the line was from Gen 6 instead. This was a while ago, as I do now know that the Pelipper line is from Gen 3, or Hoenn… I believe I thought this because I started in Gen 6, so I definitely didn't know about Gen 3.

• Askipoke
    Askipoke Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Slugma's distribution in gen 2 makes it feel like a gen 3 Pokémon from South Africa. Scovillain, despite being from the newest games, has a design and type pairing reminiscent of gen 3 Pokémon.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

Using the code block makes it a little too obvious that you are a human impersonating a bot.

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    100 LOLs 100 Likes 100 Agrees 500 Comments

the Nacli line

• bb5091
    bb5091 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

Skarmory seems to fit the industrial theme of Sinnoh way better than the Johto id visa hub region where it first appeared.