Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What Pokémon do you think have the coolest concepts?

UnovanZorua
UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

(And what unused concepts or animals do you think would make a cool Pokémon)

Chatot is cool, I like that we got a Pokémon based on a lovebird.

Toucannon too. Toucans look so cool and I'm glad we got a Pokémon based on one.

I kinda wish we had a Pokémon based on a larger parrot, like the Hyacinth Macaw, the largest parrot, which looks like it could make a great legendary. I'd be happy with any kind of Pokémon based on a large parrot or Macaw though.

Wishiwashi's form gimmick is really cool.

And there are probably more cool Pokémon I forgot.

This is a Hyacinth Macaw by the way, it looks so cool. It's a metre long (3 foot 3 inches) in real life, with a wingspan that can reach 1.5 metres (5 foot). It'd make an awesome legendary.

Comments

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

I like it when Pokémon have unique evolution mechanics, particularly when it relates to some real world animal or biological process. Shedninja leaving behind an exoskeleton as a new Pokémon is one notable and cool example. I wish we had more like that.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

I like that beheeyem is based on an alien but with more ufo aspects to it though it is my second favorite though

Another is slurpuff which is based off a desert that was created in France but became popular in Japan (please fact check me I could be misremembering things)

• Tacolaser
    Tacolaser Member Posts: 536 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 5 Answers 25 Agrees 25 Likes

@clasingla Slurpuff is based on a meringue, but I couldn't find anything saying that it is especially popular in Japan.

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 LOLs 50 Answers 500 Comments

I love how Emolga is a flying squirrel. I don't know why it makes me feel all fuzzy like it does, but it does nonetheless, and I like the design concept.

I also like how Hisuian Growlithe is based on a stone lion. For those who don't know, a stone lion is a statue of a seemingly mythical, lion-like creature, that people like the Chinese used to make ages ago. It's why Hisuian Growlithe is partially Rock-Type, and why his hair is so big on his face. The best part about it is that in Kitakami, towards the entrance to the Festival, there are little statues, JUST LIKE THE REAL ONES!

• Rileytheriolu93
    Rileytheriolu93 Member Posts: 15
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Photogenic

I am a bit biased, but I think Lucario and Riolu are some very cool concepts in regards to what they can do! Aura is a thing that I wish they focused more on in the Anime, but I am happy with what everyone else has done with the concept of Aura.

I, for example, made it to where my Riolu can sense Aura Impurities, which are what it is. I made it a bit more like Ace Attorney's Psyche Locks, but you can use logic statements too instead of pure evidence.
    Anyone else interested in the concept of Aura? And the supposed Aura Guardian?

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

@Acornyo I like Emolga, but I cannot help but think of the two Elesa had on her team constantly Volt Switching out. Being flying type in an electric gym was annoying enough.

@Rileytheriolu93 I would like Lucario, but much like Gardevoir, the internet has ruined it for me.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

And, Hyacinth Macaws are strong. Their beaks can break coconuts and broomsticks with barely any effort, but they're gentle and rarely bite, so people tend to consider them gentle giants. Also, they're so big that if you get a cage for them, it'd need to be big enough for a person to walk in it, and it'd be used only for sleeping. It just feels like it's made to be a legendary Pokémon.

Also, I'm honestly surprised we haven't gotten a Pokémon based on a Scarlet Macaw yet. They're the first thing a person would think of when someone says parrot. They're the big red parrots with some yellow and blue on their wings, and a white almost featherless area around their face.

• Gaocarmina
    Gaocarmina Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Agrees Name Dropper 10 Comments

As far as unused concepts goes, a viking ship Pokémon is the coolest to me.

With that said, I like how Rellor's mud ball is golden like the nugget !

• squirtleman95
    squirtleman95 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Shellder biting onto a slowpokes tail in order for it to evolve.