Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Why don't Game Freak add Ultra Beasts into Scarlet and Violet?

BlaziiBoi
BlaziiBoi Member Posts: 263
100 Comments 25 LOLs 25 Likes 5 Agrees

I got all the Ultra Beasts from Pokemon Shield, and yet, THEY WEREN'T ABLE TO BE USED IN SCARLET AND VIOLET, SAID POKEMON HOME!!! Why don't Game Freak just do a Tera Raid event where Ultra Beasts show up in 5-star Tera Raids, just so I could have an excuse to use Pheromosa in a Scarlet and Violet Pokemon battle? Support me if you agree, and help convince Game Freak to do Ultra Beast Tera Raids.

Best Answers

• lilycove280
    lilycove280 Member Posts: 8
    First Answer First Comment Photogenic
    #2 Answer ✓

two more reasons why they don't simply port every pokemon forward are competitive accessibility and the extra polish that pokemon need in newer games. scarlet and violet gave every pokemon new texturing, and it's a lot of work! doing that for all 1025 pokemon just isn't in the time restraints pokemon operates on nowadays. really, this is the reason behind a lot of complaints people have about modern pokemon - there's just not enough time being given to devs to get them out the door, while management expects bigger and bigger games (and profits).

competitive accessibility was more relevant in sword and shield, where the only pokemon you could use were ones you could catch in sword and shield themselves - so, if you had a copy of the game, you could get all the pokemon you needed to put together a top team. but let's say they did let you transfer ultra beasts to scarlet and violet - and then, oops, one of them is a top tier! suddenly, every VGC player has to go out and pay $85 for a copy of sword and shield and the crown tundra, and then play through the entire game just to catch one pokemon for their team. and if it's a pokemon that's only been able to have a certain move through events, it might just be impossible to get it anymore!

i think this second reason has fallen apart a little in scarlet and violet, though, with them allowing hisuian pokemon and urshifu into the game. calyrex is one of the strongest pokemon in the game, but the only way to catch one is to buy sword or shield and the DLC. personally, i think this is a really bad decision on gamefreak's part, since it just makes it harder for people to get into VGC.

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Agrees
    #3 Answer ✓

most likely because of time travel and Ultra Beasts are creatures of other dimensions. That and the amount of data spent on tera raids and such won't give the Ultra beasts the opportunity to appear.

Answers

• CheeseyQueso
    CheeseyQueso Member Posts: 23
    10 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper First Answer

Unfortunately, I think GameFreak is alternating what Pokemon are in games between each game. The legendaries from X and Y aren't in Scarlet and Violet, but were in Sword and Shield. All the starters weren't in Sword and Shield, but are in Scarlet and Violet! I have a shiny Xurkitree I caught sitting in Pokemon Home, and as much as I want him to be able to come to Scarlet, I think I just need to wait until another DLC or the next set of games.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 LOLs 100 Likes

Why don't Gamefreak add all Pokémon to Scarlet and Violet? And all future games?

We've had the dexit debacle. And fans proved they'd dutifully buy the games with more than half of them missing and still break sales records. And they'll even buy DLC to get another chunk of them back.

So why bother? Where's the financial incentive?

• JazzyUnicornGir
    JazzyUnicornGir Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Agrees Photogenic

Good question. Honestly, it might make some people from older generations want to play some of these newer versions of pokémon as well as possibly get more people into playing the games if they added all of the pokémon to the newer games.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

i feel like it doesn't matter if all are catchable in the games but i feel like all should be able to be transfered into the games at least after the post game that is and why have home in the first place if you cant even transfer them into future games

• Yodude73
    Yodude73 Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    10 Comments First Answer 5 LOLs 5 Likes

Yeah. I saw a post on here earlier and someone was shiny hunting beldum for Z-A when it comes out, and they would most likely be devastated if they couldn't transfer it. Everybody should be allowed to bring any pokemon into the newest game. Especially Rare pokemon like ultra beasts.

• Yodude73
    Yodude73 Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    10 Comments First Answer 5 LOLs 5 Likes

They might be thinking that as a download the game might take up too much space on a switch. They would need to add all the pokemon, signature moves and abilities. So it would make some sense not to and to add them. If they had a switch storage upgrade or if the sitch came with a couple of SD cards it would be fine and sales would prob increase by like 25%

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Agrees

Personally, If it means narrow out the true Pokemon trainers from the typical troublemakers and cheaters, so be it. I got no qualm paying more while less competition who's only out for money and fame.