Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Charizard Tera ex is a skill-less deck

Options
13»

Comments

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

@Resilient30 That is absolutely correct. It is fine to hate one card and even diss on that card if you wish, but what you said was an entirely different thing. You stated an incorrect fact. You said: "yeh, they always make the Charizards OP." this is an incorrect fact. Most of the time, Zard cards are absolute garbage. I agree that it is fine to state problems with certain cards, but if you say something that is entirely incorrect then I am going to correct it.

• OKPlan_B
    OKPlan_B Member Posts: 16
    First Answer 5 Agrees First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

Yeah it's a tough choice. Running one TM Devo leave it chance that you may never get it if it's at the bottom of the deck or prized. Two leaves you building a 58 card deck which means you have to sacrifice cards that may be super helpful. It's a tough choice, but since building the Torterra ex Tank

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

@Darkblaze65 Well TPCi doesn't design the cards first of all...

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 423 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

Yes @Resilient30 like @OlderAngel11 was saying stating opinions is fine, but so is reproofing incorrect information. If you’d like a good example of a debate that left both sides more informed and with a greater understanding of how the other person felt, then look at the one that @OKPlan_B and I had. I pointed out that if your opponent sets up all their Charizards then they’re vulnerable to TM Devo, and Plan B pointed out that playing two TM Devo in every deck is a pain, which I concurred with.

On a side note, now they’re usually playing two Charmeleons in Charizard so TM Devo isn’t even as good 😩

• Resilient30
    Resilient30 Member Posts: 143 ✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Likes First Comment 5 LOLs
    Options

@OlderAngel11 Actually I made that comment long before you responded to my charizard comment, it just had to be approved, so my second comment was not in response to your comment towards me. Sorry for the confusion.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

Oh ok, sorry.

• Willusion
    Willusion Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

I’m really sick of seeing it all the time. I play a deck that is supposed to counter it, run Devo, run Iono, etc. And despite all that, my opponents consistently have multiple Zards (fitting that it rhymes with a certain insulting phrase beginning with T) on turn 3 that one shot everything and can’t be taken down thanks to their massive HP pool. Plus if you run grass to counter haha, fire types go brrrr.

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 423 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

Yes @Willusion Radiant Zard will be super effective against your grass types, but I don’t think you should have a huge issue with Charmeleon’s Combustion attack doing 100 damage instead of 50…

• Samurai_Rogue
    Samurai_Rogue Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

I've been running Alolan Vulpix VSTAR against Charizard EX/Pidgeot EX decks and it does very well. Her main attack makes it so she cannot be damaged by any Pokemon with an ability and the damage isn't affected by any opposing Pokemon effects. This deck basically locks out everything Charizard EX wants to do.

• RayAndYuki
    RayAndYuki Member Posts: 7
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

After experiencing Zard ex and trying to craft counters for it I’ve began to really understand why it’s so hard to deal with. It really can do both support, offense and defense however it pleases which is something so little decks can do against it. It also doesn’t help that it’s weak to grass which is super vulnerable to the rest of the deck’s team. 330 hp also makes it a defensive wall. You’d have to really invest a lot of energy or other kind of setup to OHKO it, and that’s only to stop one charizard, that more than likely has powered up the next big threat on the bench that could potentially trade a KO. Path to the Peak would be amazing here but it’s out of rotation. And even if it was still in standard play Zard decks still can use Pidgeot ex or another magma stadium to counter it so it’s not an unfair counter to break the Zard deck down. I don’t hate it as much as I used to but man it’s still very hair pulling to deal with if your deck isn’t dedicated to countering it.