Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Charizard Tera ex is a skill-less deck

Options

Comments

• OKPlan_B
    OKPlan_B Member Posts: 16
    First Answer 5 Agrees First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

@Hyperion924955 I am practicing and learning, wym. I've made a deck to counter this Zard Tera ex deck. Doesn't mean I can't complain about it. Complaining about something doesn't mean I'm not able handle it. Pretty weird response tbh

• Hyperion924955
    Hyperion924955 Member Posts: 54
    First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

so you're complaining for the sake of it? Okay Karen.

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 428 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

“I'm aware how the TM works, but it just puts the top evolution of each Pokemon back into the hand. It can just be slapped right back down next turn.”

@OKPlan_B You’re forgetting that they don’t get the Rare Candy back.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

Playing a grass-type deck is a good way to counter Zard, and I'm glad to see that that's what you're doing. Like Octowen said, after a TM devo, the Zard player doesn't get their candy back, and must play another one to get another Zard out. They are allowed a maximum of four candies in their deck, so eventually they will run out of candies and in turn, run out of zards. Also, you mentioned some zards having an Arcanine ex in them. If they do, this player has a terrible deck list. Pretty much zero good players are playing Arcanine ex, as it is a horrendous waste of time. As for the Radiant Zard, that is fine, but it cannot attack until very late into the game.

• OKPlan_B
    OKPlan_B Member Posts: 16
    First Answer 5 Agrees First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

@Hyperion924955 Buddy these forums are created for the discussion of decks. My discussion is that I don't like the Charizard Tera ex deck. If you can't handle people's opinions, you should stay off public forums...

@Octowen You know what, you're right. I did forget that if they used a Candy to evolve they can't just slap down the Zard ex again. I guess if I used Great Tusk to try to throw away their deck and ensure they don't get the their Candy would help. I just hate adding a TM to my deck specifically for the Zard decks.

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 428 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

@OKPlan_B that makes sense; no one wants to feel like they’re building a 59 (or even 58 if you include 2 tm Devo) card deck.

• Resilient30
    Resilient30 Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Likes First Comment 5 LOLs
    Options

yeh, they always make the Charizards OP.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

@Resilient30 That is 100% wrong. Charizards are always dreadful, stupidly unplayable cards. If you take a look at past Charizard cards, yes they do an extreme amount of damage, but they require too many energy and then discard it all. Radiant Charizard was one of the first playable Charizard cards, and even it didn't see a ton of play. Charizard ex was the most playable Zard card to ever be released.

• Resilient30
    Options

@OlderAngel11 Bro, it’s okay for people to state their problems with something. Really. There’s no harm in disliking 1 card out of the thousands of Pokémon cards, and giving an extensive reason why they dislike it, even if you disagree.

• Resilient30
    Options

@Hyperion924955 This is a discussion forum. Where people discuss things they enjoy, and dislike. And that’s okay. People can have varying opinions, in fact, that makes the card game healthier, so that the creators can see what cards players enjoy, and what cards players don’t, and it starts good conversation on positive opposing/agreeing opinions.

Please try to be positive and give constructive criticism to people, it helps.