Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Opponents time reached zero and nothing happened

Answers

• angusbh
    angusbh Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    This is happening countless times. Several opponents are frequently abusing this bug and we pay the price by losing points in ranked mode.
    It's hard to keep playing.

• McGee1101
    McGee1101 Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    5 Likes 10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic

Yep. Just happened to me. Saw this thread and realise waiting wasnt going to help the situation. I hate transfering my account to PTCGL now. I do not get how with every new patch to fix something another bug gets added. Like how does something like this get past bug checks. And with some bugs they haven't been fixed at all. The Battle Pass still won't open after playing a game and it's annoying having to restart the game and waiting a whole minute to get rewards. How does this happen

• carmeloxg
    carmeloxg Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

This seems to be happening with mew players/decks =(

• C4ramel0wl
    C4ramel0wl Member Posts: 5
    First Comment

This is happening to me as well, and it is against a VStar Lugia deck. The game is frozen after they attached one special energy (so far) to their Lugia VStar with Archeops's ability. Might it have something to do with special energies or abilities related to them?

• Mister-Burkes
    Mister-Burkes Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
    5 Likes Name Dropper 5 Agrees First Anniversary

How does the game determine who wins/loses when the game freezes?

• C3P0WL
    C3P0WL Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I had the same thing happened to me, although I’m pretty sure it’s a bug since the counter went from 24min all the way to 0, I waited for a few minutes after and the only way I could exit was by restarting the app.

I was also not awarded the win even waiting it out for nearly half an hour 🙃

• TrainerJoe15105
    TrainerJoe15105 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

This happened to me today as well. Opponent had no chance of winning, activated Archeops Primal Turbo ability, then did nothing for 20 minutes. The 15 second timer did pop up and run out, but nothing happened. About 5 minutes later the 15 second timed popped up and ran out again, and again nothing happened. I watched my opponent's timer run all the way down to 0:00 and nothing happened. I refused to concede, so I just did something else on my phone for about 5 minutes. When I switched back to my game, it had logged me out. When I logged back in I saw I was awarded a loss.

• Mister-Burkes
    Mister-Burkes Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
    5 Likes Name Dropper 5 Agrees First Anniversary

Yep, just had this happen to a 1500+ rated player who had an unwinnable board state, triggered Archeops Primal Turbo unnecessarily instead of conceding, and then froze the game / timer.

• MakkkaPakkka
    MakkkaPakkka Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Happening to me as well, can't say there is any rhyme or reasion to it, but I feel compelled to sit there for the 20min or so to see if the other player had just gone AFK.

• kcpoloman
    kcpoloman Member Posts: 8
    First Comment

Seems like it happens a lot against Mew Vmax decks. Just happened to me right now.