Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Bug Report: Self-KO from Psychic Embrace

What it says in the title; Gardevior EX's Psychic Embrace is explicitly stated that you can't use it to attach energy onto something that would get KO'd by the recoil damage. However, while I had a 70+50 HP Drifloon (Bravery Charm), the game somehow let me attach a 6th energy, causing Drifloon to KO itself (not normally legal). The active stadium was Lost City and I was playing against a bog-standard Mew VMAX user.

I managed to clutch up as I had a second Drifloon primed and ready, and OHKO'd their Mew VMAX through Oricorio; Agatha is lethal with Drifloon as she enables Drifloon to have 110, not 100, damage on itself for 340 damage by moving exactly one damage counter (moving three requires an extra energy in the discard pile).

Comments

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Agrees

Hmm. That's definitely very odd, but at least you still won. Nice comeback.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

ex, not EX

• Perfect_Jab
    Perfect_Jab Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    5 Likes Photogenic 5 LOLs 10 Comments

How does drifloon deal so much damage? If it deals 30+ for each energy attached to it. An you have 5 energy attached, how does it deal 300 or more?

• PachirisuFan1
    PachirisuFan1 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes First Anniversary 100 Comments

With bravery charm attached drifloon can have up to 11 total damage counters (330 damage), and agatha lets you move 3 damage counters off of it and onto the opponent's active, which lets you either have room for exactly 11 damage counters via psychic embrace, or just deal 300 with 10 counters outright. either one would knock the mew out if it's in the active spot when you play agatha.

gardevoir is the one whose damage output is dependant on energy count, drifloon is dependant on damage counters.