Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Game Breaking Bug against Mew V-Max

ChefStingray
ChefStingray Member Posts: 3
Name Dropper First Comment 5 Agrees

Hello,

I've yet to see it reported, or perhaps I'm overlooking it, but I've noticed that any time on mobile or computer I come up against a Mew V-Max deck that whenever the timer on the opponent hits around the 19-20 minute remaining timer the game stops moving forward. The opponent is no longer making plays and the clock will continue to tick down and hit zero, but upon hitting zero the game will not end and allocate victory. This is only resolved by either conceding or closing the app which results in me losing ladder points. I can verify I am running V 1.3.11

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes
    edited December 2022 #2

You lost connection.

Also, they know which version you're running. You can only boot the latest version.

• Clear_ZERO
    Clear_ZERO Member Posts: 23
    5 Agrees First Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes

Also, mods you can merge this, I just wanna add to the point. I used a Mew deck with no Fusion Energy in a few games, and it seems to never do this. Every time this softlock happens, I think Fusion Energy is on the board.

• ChefStingray
    ChefStingray Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment 5 Agrees

TechHog, I would believe it was me losing connection if it wasn't 100% of the time only on V-Max decks and no other deck. Once is a coincidence, 10+ times is indicative of a larger issue.

• Royu_Z
    Royu_Z Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Just ran into the same issue, passed 2nd turn and it got stuck on opponent's Mew VMax turn with fusion energies on the board. Shouldn't be a connection problem, never had the game get stuck because of that and only saw this issue after the latest update.

• Alangton16
    Alangton16 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Ran into the same issue about 5 times in the last hour. Timer hit zero on one game and nothing happened. Was forced to concede.

• Flagrama
    Flagrama Member Posts: 143 ✭✭
    100 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Answers 5 Likes

I haven't run into this myself yet, but has this happened with and without Forest Seal Stone on board? Mew VMAX is one of the decks that'll use the card. I wonder if there could still be a bug with it on a Pokemon like Genesect V who have an activatable ability that is causing some kind of desync?

• Dahyunism
    Dahyunism Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

UP~!!!

I have the exact same issue. It's been so annoying.

• CookieMisha
    CookieMisha Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Name Dropper

100% reproduction rate here. I definitely didn't lose connection

• CookieMisha
    CookieMisha Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Name Dropper

@Flagrama both. Sometimes the seal was not even played. Once it's happened right at the beginning of the game. I believe it has something to do with Mew retreating. Although it's just a guess

• Clear_ZERO
    Clear_ZERO Member Posts: 23
    5 Agrees First Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes

Can confirm the same situation happened to me at least 4 times, it will always look like this. It would be interesting to see what card is the culprit this time.

Something in the Mew deck is breaking the game.