Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

inkay

cpm1
cpm1 Member Posts: 349 ✭✭✭
25 Answers Second Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Agrees

how do i evolve inkay in scarlet and violet?

Best Answers

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments
    #2 Answer ✓

it's the same principle for a 3ds let alone nintendo switch although I would say best to greatly drop the exp candy system for good.

• puplover1118
    puplover1118 Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees First Anniversary 25 Likes
    #3 Answer ✓

Physically hold your device upside down (3DS, Switch, it doesn't matter) and have Inkay level up.

Answers

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Agrees

you have to turn your Nintendo upside down when it reaches level thirty.

• MajorBrendan

once I work for the pokemon company, in addition to putting down raids, I'm also considering putting a grand end to the EXP candies for good because they're a lazy way to have a pokemon to level up without any and all effort.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Agrees

I like exp candies!

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 LOLs 50 Answers 500 Comments

@MajorBrendan, Exp Candies are for the Pokemon who you just don't wanna go through the hassle of leveling up, specifically because it's too hard to do so. Like how I wanted my shiny Furret to be Level 100, but Furret has terrible stats, so instead of mindlessly grinding from level 60 to 100, I force fed him some Exp Candies and BAM.

• MajorBrendan

@Acornyo True but where's the fun and bonding with your pokemon? you focus on leveling up and filling pokedex and you take away the best part of pokemon since XY.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

I think that Exp. Candies should be harder to get. The first time I finished SV, I did it with a level eighty-something Meowscarada and used only it for the entire last battle because of how easy it is to level up (the Exp. Candies are tempting too since the Pokémon levels in gyms and the overworld don't scale, so some areas are nearly inaccessible until you finish most of the game).

I'm grateful for them in the post-game, but I prefer the constant grinding in gens 1-5 and realising your highest leveled mon is lower leveled than the first trainer's first mon in the next gym and running around beating wild mons for 5 hours because you already fought most of the trainers and there's barely any other way to level up, over being overleveled during the main story.

But also trying to not overlevel one Pokémon in old games and making sure the rest of your team isn't underleveled is still annoying. I feel like the optional Exp. Share and lack of Exp. Candies on the 3DS was the best way to please old fans while not forcing new players to have to grind for 10 hours, like in the 2D games.

• PokemiiAC
    PokemiiAC Member Posts: 619 ✭✭
    25 Likes 5 Answers 500 Comments 25 LOLs

inkay’s evolution method didn’t work for me