Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Jirachi - Who does he stop?

If Jirachi's ability doesn't stop Radiate Greninja's Moonlight Shuriken attack - who does Jirachi actually stop?

Best Answer

• Califlaur
    Califlaur Member Posts: 16
    First Answer First Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Agrees
    #2 Answer ✓

Also since no one mentioned it, Jirachi only stops damage counters from BASIC pokemon and only when they attack. So mimikyu vmax or annihilape ex will bypass it since they are evolution pokemon. This also means damage counters placed from hawlucha or iron valient will still work because they are not attacks. Like mentioned above, the only relevent pokemon that Jirachi will stop are sableye, medicham V, and cresselia

Answers

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

It stops cards which say that they place damage *counters* in the attack text. Mainly, Sableye's Lost Mine.

• 10types
    10types Member Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes Name Dropper

It is mainly used to stop sableye from the lost zone deck, although it is also useful for stopping medical v. Keep in mind it only stops benched damage counters, so they can still ping the activite

• CaustiCorrosive
    CaustiCorrosive Member Posts: 14
    10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary

Sableye needs to DIAF. Glad we finally have a way to prevent it from nuking everything.

I was wondering the same thing since Rad Greninja just doinked out my Jirachi and Scream Tail. Sigh... I really wish there was some consistency with how damage is done.