Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

This is the most frustrating game i ever played

Hey guys,

I tried this game out around 2 weeks ago because i found it this is a pokemon moba. Having not played a moba in a long time i thought it would be fun to try on the switch. After all you dont get the main mobas on there.

The game itself is enjoyable enough, altough a bit unbalanced when you look at some pokemon like mewttwo but managable.

But i have to wonder about the people playing these games. There are so many people who afk, who do not claim a lane and then all go the same lane as others who already picked a pokemon for that task and let others know. People who actively rob their teammates from xp and then leave the lane leaving you underleveled and not having any wild pokemon to level up with. People who have zero situational awareness and literally just walk into the enemy goals alone over and over feeding. People who surrender despite us winning hard. People wich seem to play like they are playing the sims instead of this game.

And lets not forget that if i leave such a pointless lost game with people like that i instantly get hit by 15 fair play point reductions or moretrough 2 mails, so it feels like getting punished for it 2 times. But meanwhile when people afk you nearly never get 80 points compensation. So you get punished for leaving trolls, but trolls dont seem to get punished or compensated for. There also seems to be no way to report people like this.

So i figured to try out ranked wich i normally never ever do in games in hoping to get better players. But having reached rank ultra, i notice literally not a single change. You still get the same type of players.

How is it possible that a quick game like this with short matches still makes me this terrible frustration wich not a single other game made me feel, not even LoL wich is known for its toxicity.

Comments

• DarthBisquik
    DarthBisquik Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Yeah it’s literally terrible. People steal jungle constantly, have no idea when objectives are up, don’t know how to fight as a team, either will die right at or before Ray, or rip it when you don’t need it because you’re winning, and give it to the other team. It’s extremely frustrating and they refuse to learn, the game refuses to fix matchmaking or punish these players.

• bigbobo
    bigbobo Member Posts: 5
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary

I would tend to agree. I believe the match making is not up to par at best. The game in concept is not really flawed. I had fun just messing around in Offline mode more then I did online. I loved running bots an trying out every type of pokemon on the roster at the time. That is kind of the issue. This game was made with the intent to be played in teams. Often time human controlled teams. If you do not already have a group. you are kind of out of luck. You can play ranked if you want but it is the luck of the draw on getting teammates that want to play. An when you do get a team, you get handed a match because the other side give up before the first goal break. Dose not make any sense.

• airomem
    airomem Member Posts: 26
    Name Dropper 10 Comments

Ver.1.12.1.6 is out soon... but still no matchmaking fix/improvements

• lompcent
    lompcent Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Comment 5 Agrees

A shame tho, this game would be pretty fun to just pick up sometimes since its quick paced and playable on the go otherwise if the matchmaking wasnt so bad and there are so many trolls

• lompcent

yes, or they do not call any lane even in ranked and then they suddenly all go the lane you did call, leaving the jungle free for the opponents. Followed by them charging in and getting deleted in the process. Leaving you underleveled due and the enemies fed, and then they just random around the map randomly. And they will keep doing that untill the end of the match ignoring zapdos, not scoring, just catching wild pokemon without ever delivering or reacting to the opponents when they come to delete them again. And still voting no to surrendering.

This happened 2 matches in a row just a few minutes ago for me. At this point i feel like the only option i got is to afk or leave and just uninstall the game when i dont got enough fairplay points to queue up anymore. You can only earn 5 points a day and sometimes get 18 points removed for a single leave. And no compensation for most of the matches being ruined by trolls like these. I guess this game will end up being uninstalled sooner than later

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 LOLs 50 Answers 500 Comments

My biggest enemies are the kids who steal kills. Like BRO I NEED TO LEVEL UP YOU'RE LITERALLY MAX EVOLVED AND IM USELESS DRAGONAIR PLEASE.

• lompcent

oh yeah, for some reason they leave you alone versus 3 on a lane from the start but the moment the goal dissappears and you think you can catch up on some audinos then suddenly people with higher levels come to kill those. that happens plenty as well.

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 LOLs 50 Answers 500 Comments

EXACTLY. Bro they have no battle plan and just run willy-nilly.

• FurrPride529
    FurrPride529 Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    First Answer 25 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs

Because the game isn't worth being serious about, as it's a p2w game with each season.

Just depends on which mon they are making cruddy holoware for

• GetGudBum
    GetGudBum Member Posts: 26
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 10 Comments

You can report EVERYBODY. When you finish a game, click on battle review or whatever its called at the bottom right corner of your screen. Then, you can click on their username, then select report. I reported a player for being AFK on purpose at the end of the game and UNITE actually "punished them." I got a report success notification back stating they looked into it and found out my report was valid. ultimately, the punishments are not disciplinary action, or in other words, they're not teaching players to stop surrendering / abandoning their teammates.