Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What are your worst mistakes in Pokémon?

UnovanZorua
UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

I used a Master Ball on a Munchlax in SM because it didn't get into the other balls. I think I almost ran out of balls that time? I also didn't know the difference between friendship and affection so I got mad when it didn't evolve and put it into the box and it hasn't got out to this day (I don't even remember if I deleted the save data on that playthrough).

I figured it out when I got a Riolu though and kept going to Malasada shops and Konikoni (to raise its friendship and check how close I am to evolving it). I think it was funny.

Comments

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

I don't like commenting on my own discussions, but I forgot to mention that I didn't want to just run and buy better Pokéballs because it took me ages to find the thing.

Why do I always type without thinking :|

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

Teaching a Pokémon Dig in older games usually forces me to go through the same cave multiple times, because I will inevitably accidentally select it when trying to switch or check the stats of the Pokémon with Dig in a hurry.

I have just been doing a BW playthrough and bumped into this very issue.

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 LOLs 50 Answers 500 Comments

Trying to get a Charizard-Class curry. Wasted so many ingredients but I’ve never gotten it.

• Michael629303
    Michael629303 Member Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭
    250 Agrees First Anniversary 25 LOLs 100 Likes

Using a master ball on an abra and after being champion in Y transferring all my pokemon to ultra sun

• Doduo2009
    Doduo2009 Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic First Answer

My first ever game was Ultra Sun. Eventually in my infinite wisdom i found on the internet how to delete your save data. It stuck in my mind for a while and eventually I got slightly bored and deleted my save file (I didn't know anything like bank existed at that point). I regret such a thing because I had just erased an absolutely HUGE chunk of my childhood. I still regret such a thing to this day. Although it led me to find out how much more I like Decidueye than Incineroar.

• tommyK2020
    tommyK2020 Member Posts: 11
    Photogenic First Comment Name Dropper

In Pokemon X, I used a master ball on a pillowswine because I thought I needed it to cross the snow field. 😥😓 (I was young...)

• B0SSCAT
    B0SSCAT Member Posts: 10
    First Comment First Answer Name Dropper Photogenic

This happened recently. My Mew ran out of PP during the last Elite Four match in Emerald. Used Struggle to defeat Milotic. My mistake was not having enough Ethers.

• MonstaDash
    MonstaDash Member Posts: 89 ✭✭
    Photogenic 5 Agrees First Anniversary 5 Likes

My worst mistake was getting rid of a legitimate gba shiny cerebi because I thought it was duped.

• ChaosIGuess
    ChaosIGuess Member Posts: 11
    10 Comments

I didn't know the post-games existed, so I deleted all of my Sword&Shield progress after becoming champion

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Agrees

I accidentally killed a shiny Hawlucha, because I thought some move (I can't remember which one) didn't kill, like Smart Strike. (I think Smart Strike does that.)