Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

REGIDRAGO VSTAR MOVE BUG

When playing decidueye (single prized) which has no rule box - it has the ability that it cannot be damaged from attacks from Pokémon V / GX. REGIDRAGO V can attack through this. It’s ability allows it to use an attack from any dragon Pokémon in the discard pile - however - even though it can use a non-V attack, it’s still coming from REGIDRAGO V.

fairy type mimikyus mechanics (albeit somewhat different) I feel has more logic. it registers that the move is coming from the Pokémon itself (and inherently anything energy based; 20x for each psychic energy attached, for example).

if mimikyu can only attack based on it being relevant to the Pokémon itself, this implies that with the same logic the attack from REGIDRAGO V (even if using a discarded pokemons move) that it is also coming from REGIDRAGO V. With REGIDRAGO V being a V pokemon, I don’t think it can also merit overlooking Decidueye (grass) ability

what do you guys think?

Comments

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

Which move was regidrago Vstar copying?

if it was something like "max pulverization" from Duraludon Vmax or "Shred" from Giratina V, those moves ignore decidueye's deep forest camo ability.

• Flagrama
    Flagrama Member Posts: 143 ✭✭
    100 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Answers 5 Likes

Shred ignores effects on the opposing Pokemon, so I'm assuming it was this move. Mimikyu would also ignore effects on the opposing Pokemon if the move copied was Shred.

• Flagrama
    Flagrama Member Posts: 143 ✭✭
    100 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Answers 5 Likes

The previous post was stuck in the approval queue. @Edurandomnumber is likely correct with the additional move mentioned.

• skyechan
    skyechan Member Posts: 15
    10 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Likes

Does Decidueye's Deep Forest Camo work normally on VStar's? I thought maybe I had been attacked before in a match by a Lugia VStar, but maybe I'm misremembering and it was only the match with Regidrago VStar copying Duraladon I'm remembering.

• skyechan
    skyechan Member Posts: 15
    10 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Likes

Ahhh, so I was hoping for clarification because maybe I was encountering this same scenario:

Does Decidueye's Deep Forest Camo work normally on VStar's? I thought maybe I had been attacked before in a match by a Lugia VStar, but maybe I'm misremembering and it was only the match with Regidrago VStar copying Duraladon I'm remembering.