Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

More/Better Profile Pictures

Options

Comments

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

@TheJeffers I also noticed that, I wonder if they were like, “why are these random costumed Pokémon available as profile pics when nothing else is, let’s yeet them completely and then start over.” Which I would understand and kind of agree with, although it means I can’t be Lucario anymore.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

My suspicions would be one or severalof the following:

• The software they use for this forum only permits a certain number of avatar options and the Unite and Kanto mons combined exceeded it.
    • They were afraid of the combined number of options becoming overwhelming.
    • They intend to retire and/or rotate avatar selections over time rather than having one massive selection.
    • It was a simple oversight and they overwrote the previous Unite avatars rather than adding on the Kanto ones.
  • UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

I wonder if Legendaries weren't added to make the choices more creative (a lot of people would've chosen Mewtwo or Mew if they were there).

• Professor_Bear
    Professor_Bear Member Posts: 36
    5 Agrees Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

• Professor_Bear
    Options

It is pointless gaining "tokens" for Profile updates when you can't change much!

1. I'm (shall we say) of "Granddad" age, and none of the profile faces, or silly haircuts, fit mature Professors!
    2. What about wrinkles! 😁
    3. As for those childish taunts and impolite Speech intro/outro's, they encourage childishness and bad manners: let's have something amusing, like "Snore Zzzz" when someone takes too long, but let's encourage politeness, and have a International "Hands Together" salutation; like the Buddhist one.

You can tell this game is programmed by young Americans: no manners, childish taunts.. come on, get it together children! 😂🤣😂

Seriously.. it needs a lot of improving. ;-)

• UnovanZorua
    Options

@Professor_Bear

Are you sure you're talking about the same thing as everyone else?

Also... I don't know what you're talking about exactly, but what's your problem with taunts and that stuff? Sorry, but not everyone wants to be formal all the time, especially online. It feels nice to just treat everyone like your friends instead of your boss.

• Octowen
    Options

@Professor_Bear This is a thread for the profile pics on this website, not TCGLive, but I appreciate your input none the less!

• Professor_Bear
    Options

taunts are childish, immature and don't add any good points to an already messed-up culture. If you think Taunts are alright, then I hope you never have kids! Or maybe you are a kid?

• UnovanZorua
    Options

@Professor_Bear

What if... you just let others be casual? Taunts aren't bullying, and they usually don't harm people. You seem to be talking about TCGL, so I don't know what you're talking about exactly, but there's a difference between being casual and insults. Being formal and overly polite is not fun. This isn't a job interview. Also, even though it could be very annoying to a kid if a parent or adult taunts them, it's just being casual most of the time, unless it's an insult.

As I said, there's a difference between insults and taunts, and I don't know much about TCGL (I tried searching for this but Bulbapedia doesn't have much about the game, so I don't know the exact things you're referencing), so sorry if part of this is a misunderstanding. But people have the right to be casual, especially online. Just let people have a place where they can be themselves without negative effects like seeming unprofessional at work or the like. I definitely understand wanting to seem polite, and they should add options that better express that if there aren't (after fixing the numerous glitches that people seem to find every few hours), but don't force it on others.

Anyway, you started your comment with a small letter and later typed taunt with a capital T in the middle of a sentence. I just find it a bit funny.

• Octowen
    Options

I think that taunts are certainly a tentative area of society. If they make both players laugh some more, that’s awesome. But I think that if a player is finding their opponents’ taunts to be hurtful, that may be do to some real-life issue (depression, issues at school, etc.), because none of the taunts are very rude or offensive.

However, it would be interesting if they incorporated a feature where you could go into settings and turn off taunts—for you and your opponent—so that you wouldn’t see or send any.