Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

More/Better Profile Pictures

Options
Octowen
Octowen Member Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes

I was wondering if anyone else out there was wishing these forums had more and/or better profile pics? I realize that right now Pokémon is focusing on making the forums a more welcoming and clean website, which I really appreciate, and I understand why you can’t chose your own profile picture, as that could definitely lead to some issues. But I was wondering if there could at least be a larger selection of Pokémon to choose from, and maybe something besides their Unite sprite. I got lucky because Lucario was one of the options, but I might prefer it without a hat. 😂

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else felt this way, and I wanted to bring it up.

P.S. It would also be nice to have a “website feedback” category to put stuff like this in, but again, no rush. I went ahead and put it in the Pokémon news and articles category because that seemed to be the closest I could get.

Comments

• puplover1118
    puplover1118 Member Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

@Octowen you're not alone...

• Sonictrainer
    Sonictrainer Member Posts: 13
    5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment Photogenic
    Options

I think it would cool have different kinds of Poké Balls as profile avatars instead of just the regular one.

• TylerTheHuman
    TylerTheHuman Member Posts: 9
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

I'd like all at least all 151 Pokémon available as a profile picture option.

• Nadjie_
    Nadjie_ Member Posts: 7
    5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
    Options

I would not mind if TPC reused Pokemon Dream World sprites, or even battle party sprites!

• FairyTypeRobot
    FairyTypeRobot Member Posts: 10
    5 Agrees First Comment Photogenic
    Options

I hope they at least add ones for all the pokemon and costumes currently in pokemon unite

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

@puplover1118 I’m glad I’m not!

@TylerTheHuman that’s not a bad idea, although some might prefer a larger variety. But we can’t even be Mewtwo yet!

@Sonictrainer I hadn’t thought about that, I was thinking you would only be able to be Pokémon, but different kinds of Pokéballs is a great idea, especially because the default picture is a normal Pokéball. Even having the option to be things like Lucky Egg or Choice Belt could be cool. But focusing on Pokémon and Pokéballs first seems wise.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

• Elberta
    Elberta Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    5 Agrees Name Dropper First Answer First Comment
    Options

Yes, very true, but the lack of profile pic might be because the website was rushed because Twitter is failing and needed another way for fans to communicate with each other. They picked the costumes in Unite because it is new and a lot of people liked a majority of the skins in the game. Although it would be great if all the Pokemon are available as profile pictures, they could just take pictures of the art works in the Pokedex. They might not do it because once they established that the profile pictures are Pokemon in costumes (with the exception of the Pokeball design), they might feel pressured thinking that all the Pokemon as the profile pictures need to be in costumes (even though many people doesn't really care), so that might lead to the profile picture's options updating once a good costume design of a certain Pokemon came to Unite.

• JuliusVercelli
    JuliusVercelli Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    5 LOLs Name Dropper First Answer 5 Agrees
    Options

I want a Mystery Dungeon one!

• 1_Sylveon_Fan
    1_Sylveon_Fan Member Posts: 10
    5 Likes 5 Agrees Photogenic First Comment
    Options

I want a sylveon profile picture ideally with fashionable style.