Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

BUG: Inactivity Time Out

I came in, migrated my account, and went to play a game. The first game I play, my opponent on their turn 2 plays a quick ball and never does another thing. The game ran their clock out of 24 minutes and then nothing happened. I left it running just to see what would happen as this is a huge issue in MTG Arena with rage quitters. I had to concede to get out of it. There needs to be some form of inactivity time out feature to prevent this.

Comments

• Flagrama
    Flagrama Member Posts: 143 ✭✭
    100 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Answers 5 Likes

There is an inactivity time out feature. Sounds like you got a silent disconnect. Unfortunately the client doesn't actually announce when you disconnect and appears to keep running.

• Kasnatkel
    Kasnatkel Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I think the inactivity time out does just not work when the opponent searches their deck or discard pile because of an ability or a trainer card. But yeah, this has to be fixed, for it enables people to drive people to concede.

• zdrex007
    zdrex007 Member Posts: 11
    Name Dropper First Comment 5 Agrees

I guess a silent disconnect really isn't much better though I was allowed to concede and it didn't seem like I was disconnected. Either way it feels bad and needs to be fixed.

• aja-online
    aja-online Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

I had the same issue twice now. Looked like a short interrupt of the connection, BUT my opponent answered my emotions after minutes, so there was still a connection.

If the timer runs out, or actually if the turn timer runs out, the game Must check if the user can connect or reconnect to pokemon. If the game can connect to pokemon the player should be able to end the game without losing or conceding.

Losing a streak this way ends all the fun in the game. This is just bad game design.

• 10types
    10types Member Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes Name Dropper

yeah, just had the same issue

• Marumellow
    Marumellow Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Name Dropper

This issue is still not fixed.

I've just encountered a player who deliberately exploited this. They set up their active Pokémon, then played a quick ball card. Then they just stopped doing anything. After a few minutes, I used a thumbs-down emoji, and they gleefully responded with several thumbs-up and a smile.

Clearly this was no connection time-out and it wasn't unintentionally going AFK. This was a player maliciously exploiting a bug that should have been fixed by now.

Not only that, but there should be a way to report players like this. Bug exploitation is a valid reason for banning.