Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

No valid cards game breaking bug

After the new update, on the PC version I have been having some visual bugs, but the no valid cards bug is the most game breaking I have experienced.

I have already played on a PC before and decided to install the game on my laptop. I worked fine until the day I'm writting this post (22/09/2023), the game asked for the update and I complied. I got into the game and on the first ranked match I drawed Clavell and as the second player I used and it said no valid cards. I assumed that it could be an unfortunate bug with that card and tried to used an Ultra Ball and it said the same thing, which forced me to concede the game since I wasted 2 cards and it would cost the game anyway.

Tried to play another match, the game soft crashed on my first draw after setup phase. It just stay locked with the drawn card in the middle of the screen and didn't let me play anything, it even went to the turn timer and finished my first turn without letting me play. In this match I had to force quit the game (Alt+F4) since I couldn't use the menus.

Played one last and final match, not ranked since I didn't want to risk another loss because the game soft-locks. I draw a Clavell again on my first hand, played and again, no valid cards. I conceded on the spot.

I played these matches on a laptop with a Ryzen 5 3550h 4-cores, a Radeon RX 560X and 8GB RAM, with all the drivers updated.

I won't play on the PC while these bugs exist and barely play on Android since it overheats my phone and consumes battery like no other game or app I ever used. Comparable TCG like MTGArena is a lot more complex and doesn't have a fith of the bugs...

Comments

• joperopin
    joperopin Member Posts: 7
    First Comment Photogenic

I have had the same problem but it only happens in one of my decks. The one I just but newly bought trainer cards for, I wonder if it is related? Did you buy any cards for that deck recently and does this happen on your other decks?

• VBraga
    VBraga Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment

Hi, I'm having this issue in all my decks while playing on PC. I saw by your description that we have something in common: AMD processors. Perhaps this issue only happens in computers with AMD Ryzen processors. My son play with me using a 4th gen Intel i5 and nothing happens to him. I know Intel is majority when comes to processors, perhaps the developers didn't tested as they should with different archtetures. Hope Nintendo could find this error

• NavyBrionne729
    NavyBrionne729 Member Posts: 8
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

I disagree, it happened on my Acer Nitro 5, which has an Intel Core i5 (10th Gen) CPU. Some more known cards affected by this are Mirage Gate, Battle VIP Pass, and Colress's Experiment (below):

Some Pokémon's Abilities can also suffer from this bug, such as Luminous Sign from Lumineon V.

• kadetoster
    kadetoster Member Posts: 6
    First Comment Name Dropper

remove all trainer cards from PGO and CRZ sets and it should be working,

i fixed it like that to my Pokemon community members

and i mention it few months ago as I wrote here: https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/4598/pokemon-go-set-trainer-cards-game-bugs-searching-in-your-deck-pc-version#latest

• kadetoster
    kadetoster Member Posts: 6
  • Talèzia
    Talèzia Member Posts: 9
    10 Comments Photogenic First Anniversary

For me it's Giovanni’s Charisma from 151, any variant, it breaks all my decks with this bug, I can't play it... and I'm very frustrated because it's incredible trainer

• PawelS2787
    PawelS2787 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

same

• Dark_Egg
    Dark_Egg Member Posts: 2

I justlaunched this game for the first time in my life. I dont understand how something can be this buggy.

• Dark_Egg
    Dark_Egg Member Posts: 2

Not sure which card can be problematic

Pokémon: 9

1 Charmeleon PGO 9

2 Kangaskhan ex MEW 115

2 Bibarel BRS 121

4 Charmander PGO 8

1 Charmeleon OBF 27

1 Snorlax MEW 143 PH

2 Bidoof CRZ 111

2 Charizard PGO 10

2 Charizard ex OBF 125

Trainer: 16

2 Escape Rope BST 125

1 Rescue Carrier EVS 154

1 Exp. Share SVI 174

1 Energy Recycler BST 124

4 Level Ball BST 129

4 Avery CRE 130

1 Leftovers MEW 163

1 Grabber MEW 162

2 Full Face Guard EVS 148

2 Pal Pad SVI 182

1 Bill's Transfer MEW 156 PH

2 Nest Ball SVI 181

4 Professor's Research SVI 189

1 Clavell PAL 177

2 Boss's Orders PAL 172

1 Daisy's Help MEW 158 PH

Energy: 1

13 Basic {R} Energy SVE 2

Total Cards: 60

• darktainer001
    darktainer001 Member Posts: 85
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees First Anniversary 10 Comments

dear players, i suggest its better to play the physical card game, these bugs will most likely exist after 5 years from now or forever, the company is not willing/unable to fix these bugs.