Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

How much of the DLC have you finished so far?

UnovanZorua
UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

There might be some mild spoilers (if it wasn't obvious)

I finished the story in a single day. And I've done a lot of the side quests, but Perrin, the Pokédex, and Ogre Oustin' scare me and I'll probably take a few weeks to even think about finishing their quests (though I might get that Shiny gift mon from Ogre Oustin'). I also grinded for a while to get 1M more Poké (money) and... rebuild the "loyal" 3 monument... on the bright side, I have a jinbei with funny colours and the hurray emote now, both of which I'll never use!

Shockingly, the DLC doesn't have a lot of things when you ignore the long quests (...that was meant to be sarcasm, but it's sadly true and disappointing. When's the next time we get a good postgame, Game Freak?! Or at least a long one?).

Also, I'm going to replay the DLC. Many times. I loved the new rivals and story. Something was just so cool about it all. It's a nice distraction from how S/V is so tiring to replay (Sw/Sh was pretty good at that though, surprisingly).

Comments

• UnovanZorua

I tried Ogre Oustin'.

I could barely get to round 5 on normal difficulty :D (I don't think I'm getting that Shiny Munchlax gift for finishing hard mode I heard about). I'm wondering how far others made it.

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

What are your general thoughts on the story? I know it's kind of unrealistic to expect a lot of story in a DLC, but I think this story was a step above what Isle of Armor achieved the first time.

I haven't finished it yet, but I thought the ideas it behind it were cool. Of the two new characters, I like Kieran but Carmine I don't like. And she seems similar to Nemona.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

I am going to wait for both DLC expansions to be out before I decide whether it's worth it or not. This expansion doesn't impress me from what I've seen of it.

If the second expansion looks worth it, I might try and pick up the physical version of the game with the DLC included. That way I won't have to worry about losing access to a digital version and the cartridges with DLC tend to hold their value if I decide to sell it.

• PinkYoshiFan
    PinkYoshiFan Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    First Answer Photogenic 5 Likes 5 Agrees

I have no interest in Ogre Oustin, but I think I just have 4 left in the dex (two version exclusives I couldn't get from HOME, two that I just need to breed from getting evolved forms from raids).

Also what do you mean by rebuilding the Loyal 3 monument?

• UnovanZorua

@PinkYoshiFan

You can talk to the old guy after you finish the story in Kitakami Hall. And then he asks you for 1 Million so he can rebuild the statue the Poison Trio (or ""Loyal" Three", as they're called in-game) that got destroyed when the trio were revived.

He gives you a Flashy jinbei and the Hurray overworld emote when you give him 1 Million Poké-money or whatever it's called (I like calling it Poké as a Mystery Dungeon reference).

• UnovanZorua

@D-ManBlue

I liked the story. It felt cool, and I enjoyed the way it was made more than the base game (or the old DLCs).

I love Ogerpon and its story is tragic, the Poison Trio "defeated" its trainer, stole most of the remains, and then it gets framed as the villian and treated like a monster for hundreds of years. And I loved both of the siblings.

Carmine is pretty realistically written, finally a sibling who's not 100% nice but at the same time not overly mean. Kieran was also realistic (and really interesting), and I need to see him in Masters EX so him and a certain original character from that game with a similar story can interact (seriously, how do I rarely see people mention how the DLC was released soon after the final Villian arc of Masters, and "coincidentally" features a rival who (is at least implied) to go evil for power and attempts to steal a rare Pokémon? I was thinking of the similarities during the entire end of the DLC.)

• puplover1118
    puplover1118 Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees First Anniversary 25 Likes

Thanks to Pokémon Home, I only need a Politoed in order to complete the Kitakami Pokédex

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

@UnovanZorua

True, the way Carmine acts does seem pretty realistic to a sibling relationship.

That does NOT, however, excuse the way she gatekept me out of her town when we were on the same school trip, and wanted me to be her grunt once I beat her in a battle! Is she supposed to be the "snobby prep school kid" archetype?

Needless to say, when the nice old man came out and asked if those two "gave me grief", I said yes.

• puplover1118
  • puplover1118