Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Rate my deck, plus maybe some advice for a player that wants a tournament style deck

Priced20
Priced20 Member Posts: 1

Pokémon

Radiant Greninja x1 , Bidoof x1, Bibarel x1, Entei x1, Mimikyu x2, Chi-Yu EX x1, Charmander x3, Charmeleon x3, Charizard EX x3

Supporter

Avery x2, Professor’s Research x1, Boss’s Orders x1, Youngster x2, Klara x1, Jacq x1, Iono x1, Brassius x1, Worker x1, Raihan x1, Geeta x2

Item

Super Rod x2, Energy Search x2, Boost Shake x2, Trekking Shoes x3, Rare Candy x2, Switch x2, Ultra Ball x2, Nest Ball x1, Superior Energy Retrieval x1, Energy Retrieval x1, Pal Pad x1

Energy

Fire Energy x11

I feel like I want one more heavy hitter just in case my Charizard isn’t quite working the way I want it to but I’m not sure what I would remove and what Pokémon would sync well with my deck as currently constructed. Please help me on my way to win some locals.

Comments

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 100 Likes 100 LOLs

Delphic V’s Magical Fire attack can be a cool come-out-of-nowhere play.

• pk_firez
    pk_firez Member Posts: 22
    Name Dropper 5 Likes 10 Comments Photogenic

I would recommend Radiant Charizard, yeah. :)

• nightblitz42
    nightblitz42 Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Likes 5 Agrees 5 Answers

Path to the Peak is a card that I expect to be popular as a way to shut down Charizard Ex. To deal with that card, you'll probably want to run some Stadiums of your own. Why not add 3x Artazon? It'll also help you find your basic Pokemon easier. To make room, I'd take out the three Trekking Shoes.

I'd also suggest taking out the two Energy Search, because they don't do anything useful in this single-Type deck. Removing those cards would free up room for another Ultra Ball and Nest Ball (more Pokemon searching never hurts).

Radiant Charizard is amazing in this deck because attacking with the sequence of Char ex, Char ex, Radiant Charizard, then Char ex forces the opponent to knock out four Pokemon to win. If you only attack with Charizard ex, the opponent wins after three knockouts.

Pokemon players at the top levels are using cards like Pidgeot ex and Arceus Vstar to help set up the Charizard+Rare Candy combo quickly. Those cards are kind of expensive, though, and they don't really synergize with the slower pace you're aiming for I think.

• aceofshades5432
    aceofshades5432 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

i think its a mid deck, the only problem is that if you ad a chrzrd ex your gonna have a meta card, the meta isnt bad its just eaisly prdected, guys we need to mak our own decks quit copying eachother lets make our own way to play the game

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments

There's nothing wrong with copying a deck. People have good ideas, we can just take them and make them better. It's like teamwork. Plus if everyone used a different deck and nobody copied anybody else, then the people with the good decks would win constantly and everybody else would lose all their matches.

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 100 Likes 100 LOLs

I agree with @OlderAngel11

“If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants”

-Isaac Newton