Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Error10010 Solution for Canadians

sokyu
sokyu Member Posts: 16
First Comment

It’s kind of a pain though. Basically, completely wipe your hard drives and reinstall windows. Even after you do this, there’s no guarantee that in a week you won’t wake up to the same issue and have to do it again.

Windows key -> Search ‘Reset This Pc’ -> Get started -> Remove everything -> Local Reinstall -> Under ‘Clean data?’ Toggle yes -> Under ‘Delete files from all drives?’ Toggle yes, all drives -> Under ‘Download Windows?’ Toggle NO and select Confirm.

THIS WILL WIPE ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING (except what’s needed to reinstall windows without a usb), TOOK ME 4 HOURS

Download tcgL, enter info, 35/35 All assets load. Get those Shaymin sleeves.

Comments

• Betrayze
    Betrayze Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment

This is NOT a solution as the error is a connection based issue. You can reset the app from in programs and release/renew your IP.

• sokyu
    sokyu Member Posts: 16
    First Comment

No disrespect but you're talking out your Mudbray. Every DNS solution, RegEdit solution, cmd, TCPi Support, 3 weeks of trial and error, and this is the only thing that allowed me to get back in. This "connection-based issue" is *probably* from some form of old software on your os that's impossible to find.

"You can reset the app from in programs and release/renew your IP."

First off, doesn't work. RegEdit files show that once you give consent to get in, but get blocked by VPN detection, you can't get back in without wiping tcgl from your hard drive. This "connection based issue" is now just software making a mistake and resetting regedit data requires a hardware solution.

Second, releasing/renewing your IP would work under the assumption that whatever's causing you to get caught in their detection's crossfire was already removed from your network. You can't do this without scouring your windows/software files in regedit and ctrl-f won't help you. So even if you renew your I.P, you'll get locked out, again. What's baffling is when you request data on your account through pokemon's website, your country could be set to Canada with the EXACT I.P you used to sign up, and you'd still get the permissions you granted to TCGL revoked and your account softlocked at login.

"This is NOT a solution" is a hilarious response, because resetting windows is a UNIVERSAL solution. It's actually, overkill. The I.P you used when you naively created a Microsoft account to access Cortana could be different from your current I.P (and I assume it's windows account related because MAC users have no problems with 10010), and since we don't know how their VPN detection works we can't be sure if this is the problem, among a thousand other possible reasons.

I've been locked out since day 3, I managed to get back in through this single solution, and it was before this recent update dropped so you can't attribute the new patch to my solution. If what you claimed was true, I'd still be locked out.