Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Shiny Pokémon

Comments

• JoeyyRattata
    JoeyyRattata Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Agrees 5 LOLs

@UnovanZorua Haha yeah I heard the reset on Switch was tedious. Also shiny Pokémon is a mechanic built into the mainline games so I feel it's 100% acceptable to talk about. As for the Nuzlocke Challenge, that is a self imposed challenge not something hacked in. I don't think they would have issues with that haha!

• puplover1118
    puplover1118 Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees First Anniversary 25 Likes

@UnovanZorua yes, you can talk about nuzlockes.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

@JoeyyRattata yeah, but there used to be rumours about Pokémon not liking Nuzlockes. And they gave a certain animation channel every Unova Sitting Plush even though she did a randomised one once, so the rumours are probably false. Was still a bit scared of it for some reason though lol.

• Michael629303
    Michael629303 Member Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭
    250 Agrees First Anniversary 25 LOLs 100 Likes

Hm, I didn't know. It still is kind of cool though even if it might be a fake. Another thing about them is that both arceus and giritena shinies were gotten from a French player if that means anything.

• RiqMoran
    RiqMoran Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
    5 Answers 25 Likes 100 Comments 25 Agrees

Yeah, very tedious to hard reset on switch titles. Takes 1 minute per reset, roughly twice as long as a soft reset on older games. Looking for an Arceus at the moment. It will take a couple weeks and I wouldnt be doing this on Switch if it weren't the only possible way to shiny hunt it.

• puplover1118
    puplover1118 Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees First Anniversary 25 Likes

A lot of participants got caught with hacked Pokémon and so they couldn’t use said hacked Pokémon.

• Alex_Vaporeon
    Alex_Vaporeon Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Agrees 100 Comments Name Dropper

One of my favorite Shinies I have is a Shiny Braviary I got from a Mass Outbreak of Rufflet in Violet. I just flew to the Outbreak, and as I was about to set up a picnic, I looked over at the group of Rufflet nearest me and thought, "Hmm. That one Rufflet looks kind of weird." So I walked up to it, and BOOM, Shiny Rufflet. The easiest Shiny hunt I've ever done XD

• anames
    anames Member Posts: 17
    Name Dropper 10 Comments

mine was a shiny pawmi which i caught before the game even got to the legendary moriadon then later in area zero i caught a shiny venomoth which is pretty cool

• quaxlyisus
    quaxlyisus Member Posts: 28
    Name Dropper 10 Comments Photogenic

I've just eternally locked a shiny Ambipom in my home box, so sorry