Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Why can't I play pokemon TCG anymore?

I am trying not to take the win-loss ratio seriously in this game, but from what I can tell there is nothing else to take seriously. Almost every game ends in a bug, forcing me to quit the app and restart the game.  Even when I have a stable connection, I cannot play for no reason so the timer runs out and I lose. Cards will get stuck in the floating position so I cannot use their abilities, some of which are crucial to your deck's playstyle. I have random times that "the opponent is choosing a card" or some variation and that goes on for 10+ min. Why did you have to scrap an old game when this one doesn't work? Playing on your phone is impossible as your phone heats up too quickly and so the game crashes (meaning you lose obviously).  I can't even play expanded against my friends.  Lastly, I have a notification that reminds me every day that since March 30th you are unable to play cards with a D, not for balance changes or anything, but just to make you buy identical cards so the developers make more money.  

I would love to spend more money on the game, if it worked. I would love to level up, if I could play, I would love to enjoy pokemon in the future as I have in the past, but this game has made it so that physical cards are once again the only way to play our beloved card game.

Comments

• superfullvic
    superfullvic Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

ugh, I have to interact with REAL hoomans now? XD at least there is an active league in my city

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

I would consider picking up this game...if I didn't see all the comments on this forum talking about how buggy it is.

Seriously, why does the Pokemon company allow this kind of stuff to happen?

Also, I think they should have a single player campaign, like TCG online did.

• Sahri
    Sahri Member Posts: 29
    5 Agrees 10 Comments Name Dropper

I don't know how old your phone is but if it's older than 2 years then you'll have issues running the game unless it's a phone with flagship specs.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

FYI, rotation has nothing to do with Live. It's just how the game works IRL.

• CreatureShesh
    CreatureShesh Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

I recently hopped on but with the people talking about all its bugs, I may just stick with Eternal. At least it has a single player mode I can use to practice new decks instead of the only option being a trial by fire.

• Snorlax622736
    Snorlax622736 Member Posts: 52
    Photogenic 5 Agrees 5 Likes First Anniversary

Can we please fix the friend match making in this game???

It is terrible that you have to restart after making a friend request to be able to play against them. It makes it very difficult to play online tournaments.

• Mod_Bee
    Mod_Bee Moderator Posts: 323 mod
    25 LOLs 5 Agrees 25 Likes 5 Answers

Hello, I recommend opening a ticket with the support team. You can do so by visiting https://support.pokemon.com/ then click the Pokémon Trading Card Game Live link. From there click "Contact Us" Thanks!