Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Suggestion: Normalize xp rewards for winning or make a window where the opponent cannot concede.

Hi there,

I'm having a lot of fun playing this game, but one thing I noticed is that you get more xp rewards the more price cards you have taken.

The problem is when I am about to knock out an opponents big pokemon for a lot of prize cards and the win, and the opponent just leaves before I can finish the attack. Since they leave before I attack, I don't get to take the prize cards and I lose out on a bunch of points.

So I would like to suggest that either

1) the rewards for winning are normalized and not dependant on prize cards taken, or

2) it is only possible to concede during your own turn, and if you think this might lead to people just sitting there and dragging out the time, then

3) make conceding unavailable for the first minute when it is your opponents turn. That should be plenty of time to get off the attack and pick your prize cards.

The reason for this change, is that even though you won, it feels bad knowing that you missed out on the extra points.

Cheers!

Comments

• VmaxSkittlez
    VmaxSkittlez Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees First Answer 5 Likes

Point 1 is good. Win rewards should be normalized.

The other 2 however not so much.

2) Opponent needs only to retreat, gust, or any variant of switch/rope ect. in order to win. Opp active has energy to retreat. Opp performs 2-3mins of fluff game actions and finally retreats before their timer ends to attack for the win. You're happy to sit through all of that?

3) Opp plays a hard counter (think current Ting-Lu builds vs Alolan Vulpix Vstar). Why should the player have to endure the opps full setup before conceding.

Remembering that is digital game is just a representation of the physical card game. Rules between the 2 are not interchangeable.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

Wut? The rules are meant to be exactly the same by design.

• VmaxSkittlez
    VmaxSkittlez Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees First Answer 5 Likes

For someone very big on people reading, you should have a crack yourself.

Remembering that is digital game is just a representation of the physical card game. Rules between the 2 are not interchangeable.