Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

You can make one change to the type chart. What do you change?

Options

As in, change the effectiveness of one type against another, offensively or defensively.

I think the change I'd make would be to make Rock resist Ghost, removing this from Purifying Salt and extending it to all Rock-types. Thematically, salt and crystals were used in the past to ward off evil spirits. Practically, Rock has a lot of weaknesses, and its main selling point of resisting Normal doesn't make up for them anymore. Giving it another resistance to a widely-used type would make Rock a more attractive option defensively.

Comments

• PinkYoshiFan
    PinkYoshiFan Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 Likes Photogenic First Answer
    Options

Giving Electric another weakness. Maybe water since it can cause real electronics to short-circuit? (A mutual weakness might be weird though.)

• Nadjie_
    Nadjie_ Member Posts: 7
    5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
    Options

How come bug -> posion is 1/2 the damage, but poison -> bug is normal? What's the logic behind this? Why not make poison suffer effective to bug?

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

I would probably change ice type so that it doesn't have so many crippling weaknesses. It only resists itself, but is weak to four types.

I am not sure what changes I would make that would fix it. I would hate to cause the opposite problem and render ice too powerful. Resisting and being effective against water makes intuitive sense to me, given than ice moves would freeze water. Maybe make it neutral to steel, rather than weak. I have never understood that weakness; I think it only existed to make steel more appealing when it was added to the game.

• 666Weegee666
    666Weegee666 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

make electric super effective against steal, because it just makes sense

• 10types
    10types Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes
    Options

Delete fairy

• 1337PokéMaster
    1337PokéMaster Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

I'd make Psychic-type Pokémon immune to Ghost-type attacks, like in Generation I.

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Normal type should have different weaknesses instead of only Fighting. It never made much sense to me why thats the their only weakness when there are many really strong body Normal type Pokémon.

• Bolt_Boy25
    Bolt_Boy25 Member Posts: 137 ✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment 5 LOLs First Answer
    Options

Dark super effective against normal

• Seority
    Seority Member Posts: 9
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Ice is neutral attack to water or electric does half damage to rock.

Ice needs so much help... 😩

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer First Comment
    Options

I might have Ice resist more types. Personally I think resisting Water, Flying, and Grass would make sense. WolfeyVGC actually has a video on buffing the ice type