Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

You can make one change to the type chart. What do you change?

Options

Comments

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 451 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Answer 5 LOLs 5 Agrees
    Options

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/comment/15197#Comment_15197This was the case in gen 1, however that gave Paras and Parasect 3 x4 weaknesses

• RememberMidis
    RememberMidis Member Posts: 13
    5 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Bug should be a hard counter to Fairy. This would make a bad type better and a powerful type less overwhelming.

Alternatively, make Ice resist Grass and Dragon.

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 686 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

Why are BUG TYPES resistant to FIGHTING TYPES?!?! Bugs always get crushed!!

• your_ethanlac
    your_ethanlac Member Posts: 18
    First Comment 5 Likes First Answer Name Dropper
    Options

Maybe you could have it resist Electric? In real life, ice doesn't conduct electricity, and in-game, it'd be a buff to the weak Ice/Water-types like Dewgong, Walrein, and Arctovish. Though, Electric already has enough problems with the most commonly-used type (Ground) countering it, and this change would make Iron Bundle even stronger...

• Potato_Cook
    Potato_Cook Member Posts: 7
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

normal super effective to fairy

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

That's a good idea.

There are ice Pokémon I love design-wise that are severely limited by its weaknesses, rendering them near unusable. I would love them to be rebalanced.

Sadly I fear GF will not make any changes to a type that has existed in the game since the start, assuming it is fine because it has been this way for decades, unless they do something major to shake up the type chart in general, like adding a new type.

• your_ethanlac
    your_ethanlac Member Posts: 18
    First Comment 5 Likes First Answer Name Dropper
    Options

I'd like this idea more if it wasn't for one move: U-turn. U-turn is a very commonly-used move in competitive play, and I suspect that Fairies were made to resist Bug to add extra counterplay to U-turn spam. Being weak to Bug is a surprisingly big downside, and can mess up Pokémon with as much going for them elsewhere as Iron Leaves. If U-turn was limited to mostly Bug-types and a replacement Normal-type move was added to other Pokémon, then making Fairy weak to Bug would be a good choice.

• _-_Eevee_-_
    _-_Eevee_-_ Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    5 Likes Combo Breaker 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

Make grass have less weaknesses

• gloogloo
    gloogloo Member Posts: 8
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Make water immune to grass just because I like having fat blobs

• Braviary_Kid
    Braviary_Kid Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Make ice good against water and/or poison, it makes sense and pushes ice’s glass canon play style as seen in its current type chart.