Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What Pokemon game is next

Comments

• Dedenne90524
    Dedenne90524 Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes

🟦 Black and White remakes (bdsp style)

The sad truth…

• LunarFlameMage3
    LunarFlameMage3 Member Posts: 9
    First Comment

I have another idea, that Bird Keeper Toby on YouTube came up with and did a video on. Legends Johto (Ho-Oh?). I was skeptical but he won me over on the Idea.

The region is supposed to be roughly the same age as Sinnoh/Hisui, with a connection through Sinjoh ruins.

Like Oshawott and Rowlett could hint at Unova and Alola being future sites of Legends games, so too does Cyndaquil suggests a Legends Johto.

I also think they’ll wait until Gen 10 to do Gen 5 attention. Wether it’s a Remake, Sequel, or Legends. My reasoning is that apart from Gen 1, which came with Gen 3 and again in Gen 7, we received an updated version of some sort for each Gen in twice their number. 2 in 4, 3 in 6, 4 in 8. This could be coincidence, but could also be an intentional pattern on Game Freaks part.

• cpm1
    cpm1 Member Posts: 349 ✭✭✭
    25 Answers Second Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Agrees

legends kyurem.

• 10types
    10types Member Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes Name Dropper

I think twinleaf

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

@Elberta I honestly don't think I would mind them doing it in the BDSP style, just as a personal opinion. My biggest issue with the remakes was the fact that Diamond and Pearl needed so much ironing out, and the remakes didn't really do much to fix the issues. But Black and White are great games as is, so a one to one remake would be fine for me.

As long as they do a better job balancing the Exp share and not treating the art style like a shortcut.

• darkness018
    darkness018 Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 Likes First Answer Photogenic

Well i did some research and here’s what I personally think the next game will probably be in 2024 and it be either a remake or a spin-off game

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

how have fans still not realized that these remakes happen every *other* generation

@TechHog Well, FRLG was gen 3 and HGSS was gen 4, so the first two remakes do not follow your rule. Also we just had three Pokémon games in the span of one year, including a remake from a third party studio, so who knows what can happen now.

• puplover1118
    puplover1118 Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees First Anniversary 25 Likes

@Flametix No. Anyone but ILCA.

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

@TechHog I guess that's true. There haven't really been that many remakes so far though, so the pattern really isn't super obvious.

• RiqMoran
    RiqMoran Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
    5 Answers 25 Likes 100 Comments 25 Agrees

Ok lets keep those votes coming, guys.

Like i said, Gen 10 is an inevitability. We know the next gen is already in the works as we speak. The real mystery is what else could be announced besides gen 10. The question is less about when and more about what.