Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What Pokemon game is next

13»

Comments

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

Yes, that's the one exception. It's pretty clear what the pattern after that has been though, so it's irrelevant.

@TechHog I would not be so confident in any patterns. There have only been four remakes, and the last one was developed by a third party developer and released during the same year-long span that Gamefreak released two games.

• DylanVsTheWorld
    DylanVsTheWorld Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
    25 Likes Name Dropper First Answer 5 Agrees

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/comment/15033#Comment_15033I like Let’s Go and I don’t think it can really be compared to Go despite the integration. Let’s Go style or BDSP style is how I’d like to see the eventual remakes be done because apparently some people want Gen 5 remakes to be open world and that horrifies me.

But all of that aside, I’m not sure if I even want a remake or any spin-offs. I think Id rather just have Gamefreak work extra hard on generation 10 because I feel like BDSP and Arceus were responsible for why Scarlet and Violet felt a bit rushed (as much as I still love all of these games).

• RiqMoran
    RiqMoran Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
    5 Answers 25 Likes 100 Comments 25 Agrees

Patterns dont mean much, I think. They could decide to do anything. The only thing that really matters is whether the newest anime has had its run.

If youre hung up on the patterns then I guess the way you have to look at it is ask which pattern is least likely to hold because many of them conflate with each other. For instance, if you think we won't see a remake until after Gen 10, that means Gen 10 is next. But if that is coming out in '24, that's only 2 years after Gen 9. But if Gen 10 comes out in '25 instead that means we have a 2 year stretch with basically no new games.

See what I mean?

• Token1079
    Token1079 Member Posts: 26
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees 10 Comments Photogenic

Probably another remake.