Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Options

The in game currency reward rates are set way to low.

I can tell the game was made with the intent to have people buy PTCG products and use the codes to get access to cards in PTCG Live but I (and I'm sure lots of other people) don't have time to go to tournaments to use those cards so it be a waste of time and money to buy those products. This combined with the low rate of in game currency rewards makes it nearly impossible to get new cards. Without access to new cards I could see this game getting boring fairly quickly.

The currency rewards need to be rebalanced so that players that don't buy real world product can still get access to new cards in game. At a bare minimum there should be a way to buy cards in game with real money.

Comments

• Cylus9999
    Cylus9999 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

I agree they need to let players purchase currency directly from the game. All they have to do is allow players to buy crystals so they can buy packs. I don't understand why they'd rather let people buy codes from some third party site, and then cap it at 400.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/comment/14824#Comment_14824My guess is that TPCi is afraid of the packs being classified as loot boxes/gambling in some countries.

• Dracula008
    Dracula008 Member Posts: 31
    5 Agrees First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options

I'd say they are too high currently. Or maybe I just have no desire to spend them, the game is so dull now. I have over 21, 000 coins, 21, 000 crystals, 46, 000 credits.

Buying credits or gems with coins is a good idea.

• Smitty1798
    Smitty1798 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

It's bad, I just tried to purchase the season pass, and it glitched and brought all my currency down to 0.

• werenanook
    werenanook Member Posts: 7
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/comment/14897#Comment_14897i had something similar happen. i just had to completely close the game and reopen and everything was correct.

• werenanook
    werenanook Member Posts: 7
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/comment/14839#Comment_14839And i can see that being the case. but even then there needs to be a way for players to gain access to new cards without spending months doing so or being forced to buy product (real world cards) they will never use.

I know there are websites that allow you to buy codes but those go against the terms of service and can result in a ban.

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

For great players like me it's the opposite, I got more then 800k credits and already got all the full arts and golden cards I want.

Also reached the 400 redeem limit so nothing intetesting to do until the next set comes. The game itself it's worthless to me now, nothing where I want to spend it.

All I do it's play couple games or so and log out. I don't even play online tourments anymore the game got to the point it's just boring to me.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

@TechHog This.

Also I think many physical card game companies, particularly in Japan, are afraid a digital version will cannibalise sales of their physical game. This seems like the compromise.

@werenanook You could always buy packs, get the codes and trade the trading cards you don't want for $om€thing you do. Or do it the other way around. There are people who collect the cards that don't play the game and trade or give away code cards online. I am sure you can find something.

• grriffinn
    grriffinn Member Posts: 108 ✭✭
    5 Agrees First Anniversary Photogenic 5 Likes
    Options

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/comment/14839#Comment_14839Don’t forget that two forms of MTX were tried during Online’s runs (Gems, a paid currency that could be used to buy tradable packs/bundles and exclusive cosmetics, and a way to buy Tournament Tickets) and both ended up silently being phased out. Gems weren’t even released to the larger player-base during its lifetime, they stayed exclusive to Canadian players until they were phased out.

And as far as the loot box/gambling laws are concerned that’s in large part due to not providing a physical product, TPCi has no issues selling the physical TCG in other parts of the globe (excluding any complaints about the pull rates for booster boxes of course).

• uncomonfossil
    uncomonfossil Member Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes 5 Agrees
    Options

I am a budget player that spends little to no actual money on the game and I think that the economy is reasonable right now. I have access to essentially all of the decks that I want (and I like to play a variety of decks). You do need to be careful about how you spend your resources, but I expect this as a budget player.

As a budget player, the Live economy is much better than PTCGO. I post on how to navigate the Live economy on my youtube channel.