Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What some old thing gamefreak should've continued building on

sonicman69
sonicman69 Member Posts: 3
5 Agrees

My opinion the friend safari, inverse battle, battle royal, custom pokeball, and unique throwing animation

Comments

• WillowPark2
    WillowPark2 Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment

Spoilers for XY if you haven't played it before, but I've heard that many people want Gamefreak to expand upon those things in that one desert place. And that they wanted Lysandre to be a more fleshed out villain. And something about Zygarde not being fleshed out enough either.

• RiqMoran
    RiqMoran Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
    5 Answers 25 Likes 100 Comments 25 Agrees

That locked door in the XY desert is infamous for sure. And I had forgotten about battle royale mode, that was fun.

I'd say battle facilities and in-game environments/events for event pokemon.

• bakphooon
    bakphooon Member Posts: 12
    5 Likes 10 Comments Photogenic 5 Agrees

NPC trainer rematches were a great and simple way to make the world feel more alive. And it was fun seeing the early game trainers get stronger and stronger. The last game to have this was ORAS (BDSP doesn't fot ovciou

• Poképowerz
    Poképowerz Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Comment

I miss traditional Safari Zones. It was a lot of fun looking for unique and rare Pokemon you could only find in the Safari Zone, and the difficulty of catching the rarer mons makes them even more illusive which is always fun.

• 0nlyMk
    0nlyMk Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

Eevee evolutions, regional forms, we don’t get as much. A dragon type eevee evolution would be really nice honestly

• scotty774
    scotty774 Member Posts: 21
    5 Likes 5 Agrees 10 Comments Photogenic

My favorite part of the Pokemon main series has been the little ways besides the main game with which you can occupy yourself, like the Pokeathlon or daily/weekly events. I really loved how fleshed out the worlds of Gens 4-6 felt, and I'd personally love to see a return to this level of detail.

• JCMasterpce
    JCMasterpce Member Posts: 9
    First Comment

I agree, trainer rematches were fun.

As well, I liked XD / Gale of Darkness where you had to beat 100 trainers to unlock the legendary.

• montrovy
    montrovy Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic 5 Likes

Honestly triple battles - they're a mess and I loved them. But also seconding side things like Pokeathlon - I feel you could do some fun stuff with that with gyro controls

• Elberta
    Elberta Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    25 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper 10 Comments

Zygarde, he was barely introduced all of the other forms except the 50% form was introduced in 7th gen with the excuse that it takes cells to create its other forms, but the lore isn't deep enough like the other main Pokemon trios in the other generations. I would also like to see Safari Zone returning. Mega Evolutions should also return and add Dragonite as a new Mega (personal bias here) since the only reason why Dragonite wasn't added is probably because the Mega Stone for it is going to be called Dragoniteite.

• Funboy35
    Funboy35 Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Photogenic 5 Likes 5 Agrees 5 LOLs

Now that a Pokémon can easily remember and forget its known moves, how about the return of Hoenn-style contests? You could prepare one set of moves for battles, and another for contests.

But I wouldn’t want just one Pokémon to participate. I’d want my whole team to shine!