Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What some old thing gamefreak should've continued building on

Options
2»

Comments

• AceTrainerBasil
    AceTrainerBasil Member Posts: 18
    5 Agrees Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Old thing you say?

What if they kept Gen 1 mechanics?

I don't mean entirely Gen 1, but what if it gradually evolved, and not shifted a couple times? Like:

- SPECIAL is one single stat that does both offense and defense

- Critical hit rate is based on Speed

- 15 DVs for only 4 base stats (SPECIAL, Speed, Defense, Attack) and 65000-something Stat Exp.

- Natures

- Abilities

- Double battles

• puplover1118
    puplover1118 Member Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

@Elberta It seems like that wasn't always Game Freak's intentions. Data for Zygarde's signature moves Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves have been found in Gen 6 games, though they are unobtainable until Gen 7. This suggests that there were plans to expand upon Zygarde in Gen 6, but those plans have fallen through.

• Nadjie_
    Nadjie_ Member Posts: 7
    5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
    Options

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/comment/14408#Comment_14408There are so many Mythical pokemon we know next to nothing about lore with because they're just handed out in mystery gift boxes like candy. I remember as a kid dreaming about being able to get an e-reader so I could see Mew on Faraway island, or Deoxys on Birth Island.

What I would propose is having mystery gifts (especially now that we have internet distributions) that would unlock locations in game to explore and encounter those mythical Pokemon!

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

The PSS. It was the perfect online solution for Pokémon online play. You could see your friends, people passing by and randoms online all from one screen, and connect to them in any way you wanted. Nothing has been as convenient or comprehensive since then.

Other than that, I wish they would bring back post-game battle facilities for offline competitive play and team-building, and features like secret bases that are needlessly relegated to being "regional features".

• machlikenjoyer
    machlikenjoyer Member Posts: 16
    First Comment
    Options

Having all the Pokemon, moves, and mechanics from previous games! That was the most important thing about Pokemon!

• Carter3329
    Carter3329 Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Pokemon needs some type of voice acting. Or at least that typewriter sound as someone speaks

• Kamiyouni
    Kamiyouni Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Totally agree with unique throwing animation. ORAS and XY's special training is another. Maybe have pokémon train against each other to train skills? Maybe their nature can help as well? I can train my froakie in speed with Pikachu but, it'll be more effective if he's adamant like my froakie. The picnic and camp feature is getting close to making that a thing.

• minniesylveon
    minniesylveon Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

for a long time, I was saying evolutions that aren't to regional forms. Then they came back in SV (Farigiraf)

but apparently they're still regional evolutions?? can we have evolutions that don't only cover one game please

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

This. The silent lip flapping is embarrassing at this point when practically every other Nintendo franchise has voice acting.

I understand that it may well not be practical to voice literally every line in the games in every language (would be nice, but even for the world's largest media franchise that is perhaps a little too much to ask) but at least do the main characters, or failing that at the very least voice the cutscenes.

It is funny that the third party mobile app can have all of these characters voiced but the main game cannot. Work with that team. Choose voice actors for both games together when introducing new characters and borrow the actors for returning existing ones if you cannot be bothered to cast them yourself.

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer First Comment
    Options

We need more unique ideas for postgame battle facilities- sort of like the Battle Frontier.