Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

No Battle Tower in Scarlet and Violet

Aprslw
Aprslw Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
Combo Breaker 25 Agrees First Comment Photogenic

I can’t be the only one disappointed hat there is no battle facility of any kind in Gen 9 not everyone likes playing against other humans and I’m praying that one gets added in the dlc

Comments

• Mitchykins
    Mitchykins Member Posts: 9
    First Comment Photogenic 5 Likes

I want battle frontier

• MaxMax345
    MaxMax345 Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment

same, I'm not expecting any new fronter-type area any time soon feels weird since the regular battle tower area has been a staple ever since Crystal, pulse as a casual fan I also don't like playing against other humans as much especially since most of the world to players use hacked mons

• Alopias0158
    Alopias0158 Member Posts: 12
    First Comment Photogenic 5 Agrees

I thought scarlet violet's 'battle tower' was the academy tournament after you finish the main story of the game. Where you fight against random trainers and the teachers? But I do agree that there should be an actual facility for it, would love to see past trainers/champions appear in it.

• PokeMadness1926
    PokeMadness1926 Member Posts: 5
    First Comment

That’s what the star tournament is at the school also the battle facility at blueberry in the dlc

• PokeMadness1926
    PokeMadness1926 Member Posts: 5
    First Comment

That’s what the star tournament is at the school also the battle facility at blueberry in the dlc

• RiqMoran
    RiqMoran Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
    5 Answers 25 Likes 100 Comments 25 Agrees

I would also like a battle facility as a staple in the core games. Problem is i think the devs feel the need to reinvent the wheel on some things (mega evo, battle facilities) when they could get away with just making one good implementation and iterating on it. The gym challenge, for example, we had unchanged for a while and that was fine. It was just something you expected in the pokemon experience, and I wish a Battle Frontier type of thing was also like this.

And I disagree about the school tournament, I don't think that qualifies as a replacement. Levels arent fixed, you gain exp, you can use items, theres only single battles, theres very few unique opponents.

What I look for in a battle facility is a competitive ruleset with a variety of fun formats. Battle Tower is nice but that's kind of the bare minimum.