Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What's your view on Palworld?

Options
ORBEETLE345
ORBEETLE345 Member Posts: 29
5 LOLs 5 Agrees First Comment Name Dropper

For me, I'm not a supporter of Palworld as I'm pretty sure that the producers have just put Pokémon into an AI generator and then just slightly changed their designs. You can tell this as some of the creatures in the game look almost identical to official Pokémon (One 'Pal' looks like an Electivire, another looks like a Goodra. There is also a Pal that looks like Lucario which is creatively named named Anubis, the exact name of an Egyptian god).

The AI accusations are also backed up by the fact that the producers have made another game that actually uses AI directly as a selling point, that game is called AI: Art Imposter; a rip-off of Innersloth's Among Us.

There's also the fact that the game profits from shock value and joke value, due to the game featuring Guns. Pals can use guns, you can get Pals to use turrets and to fight some Pals known as 'Alpha Pals' (Coincidentally a term used in Pokémon: Legends Arceus but with Pokémon instead of Pal) you have to shoot the Pal with your gun.

Overall, I think the game is a blatant rip-off of Pokémon but if you have a differing opinion, feel free to share it in the comments.

Comments

• CarumoTopaz
    CarumoTopaz Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper 5 Agrees
    Options

For whatever the reasons, Azurobe seems to have the same 3D model as Serperior combined with Primarina's hair.

Also, apparently Nintendo's culture didn't suit the CEO because of something related to originality.

In all seriousness, this game somehow let you catch humans and sell them. Like HUH???

• FallenFurfrou
    FallenFurfrou Member Posts: 104 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer
    Options

Palworld was announced in a trailer released three years ago. That was a full year before the AI boom, so I don't think they used AI (except maybe to add a few final touches at the very most). However, that doesn't excuse how virtually all Pals were built with assets that were stolen directly from Pokemon. To be frank, dear sir, I deeply regard Palworld as "meh".

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 357 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes 5 LOLs 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

Do people still play that game?

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 872 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

an absolute rip-off and an absolute mockery of Pokemon. If I work for the Pokemon company, I will never allow AI to be involve in any pokemon design. That goes double for human character design.

• LegitThatDude
    LegitThatDude Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

It's more like Digimon than Pokemon if you really dig into it.

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

PalWorld is kinda funny. I saw this one video where they compared the designs of the "Pals" to real Pokemon, and it makes me laugh so bad. Terrible game though, because who wants to kill cute animals, especially ones that work for you?

• ORBEETLE345
    Options

I think they could've still used AI as there was still a two year gap between release and the start of AI getting popular. But given the fact that the trailer was released a year before AI got popular, I do see that some Pals could've not used AI; but even then, the designs definitely steal things from Pokémon designs.

• ORBEETLE345
    Options

I find it weird how Game freak can't do anything about the game as apparently the designs are different enough to be considered original even though if you compare some Pals to Pokémon, they look almost identical.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

I know this will be an unpopular view here.

The game is fine and has every right to exist. Pokémon wasn't even the first monster collecting game, just the most successful one. Neither Nintendo nor GF own it.

I am not convinced that Palworld uses AI, but even if it does, so what? AI has become the latest internet boogeyman.

It is about time Pokémon had more competition. Too long the series has rested on its laurels. Competition drives innovation and requires companies to make a better product to come out on top. Maybe the next game will reflect this.

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 LOLs
    Options

outside of europe they call it ntscworld and it runs at 60 FPS instead of 50