Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Rayquaza is literally the worst game mechanic I've ever seen in a competitive multiplayer game.

Options

Title says it all. There's no reason whatsoever to have a comeback mechanic that is so broken that it completely negates the entirety of the match before it activates. Why does this exist? Who is the idiot who came up with that idea? Please remove it?

Comments

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

Well all I know is it's a whole lot better than Zapdos was. At least it can be stopped.

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

They include stuff like this for the team that's really far behind. If there was no Comeback Mechanic that was so mindblowingly OP, then the losing team would have a higher chance of quitting, and games would be, on average, shorter.

Overall, it just adds excitement to the game. Who's gonna get Rayquaza and give their team the upper hand? What team's gonna win? That's what Rayquaza's here for. He makes the game spontaneous. Also, we all know that feeling when we're losing terribly, but then we get Rayquaza/Zapdos, and the game turns around. It's one of the most exciting parts of the game.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

I agree with Acornyo. One of the most engaging parts of watching professional Unite is seeing how each team preps and fights for Rayquaza. If your team is in the lead anyway, it's kinda hard to lose Rayquaza, and if you do lose it then just lock down the goals and don't let anyone score.

• issafaudi
    issafaudi Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

I think it’s one of the best parts of the match along with all the other objectives. When there’s no regi or ray what are you doing besides farming and trying to score? Atleast winning the objectives make it easier for your team to do the latter part, SCORING GOALS!! You win some you lose some

• airomem
    airomem Member Posts: 26
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

It's a scam to keep people in the match when you're on a crap team against a biased team