Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Who wants to criticize Mewtwo?

Options

I bet everyone will love this discussion.

Comments

• SmartAlakazam
    SmartAlakazam Member Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

@MewtwoEnjoyer I am sorry if you ever have to see this discussion.

• SmartAlakazam
    Options

are only mods/admins allowed to close discussions?

• Michael629303
    Michael629303 Member Posts: 826 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment 5 Agrees 5 LOLs
    Options

I don't much to say about the gameplay of it but for design, I find it boring when there are so much better pokemon.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

I actually have only played against it once, and the guy playing it was so bad that we just booted him back to his home base in like, two seconds.

• SmartAlakazam
    Options

@OlderAngel11 this is the same thing that happened to me. I don’t know why the devs made the same moveset for both forms, like they could be a little more creative!

• SmartAlakazam
    Options

I’m also mildly surprised that you guys have positive reactions to this post, because of how many Disagrees I got.

• Water-Kriz24
    Water-Kriz24 Member Posts: 21
    First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

I like Mewtwo. I mean, in the non-TCG games, I tend to not use any Legendaries/Mythicals/whatnot, because it's basically cheating, but in the TCG I like Mewtwo a lot. I like to use Mewtwo V-Union in all my Psychic Decks even tho I barely ever am able to get it out. I play Expanded so I am able to use Mewtwo & Mew Tag Team GX. The regular Mewtwo GXs are admittedly, not very good but they do have some good Attacks for Mewtwo & Mew Tag Team GX to use. If it wasn't for freaking Shadow Rider Calyrex VMAX it would still be dominating.

• SmartAlakazam
    Options

Sure, but this is in Unite. Do you play it? If not, apparently the playerbase hates Mewtwo for being so stupidly strong. That’s why I started this discussion. (Notice how I put it in the Unite section.)

• Water-Kriz24
    Water-Kriz24 Member Posts: 21
    First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

We're in the Unite Section?? Dang, this site is so confusing. I try to stay in the TCG Section, but somehow it switched where I was... and I had never even been in the Unite Section before... dunno why it took me here. 🤷‍♂️

• Kieraste
    Kieraste Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    5 Likes Name Dropper 5 LOLs 5 Agrees
    Options

This place isn’t much different, except Mewtwo was broken on release and now has a bad rep.

Y is still obscenely busted and I don’t think they’re going to fix it anytime soon