Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Which Pokémon game deserves to have a sequel

MonstaDash
MonstaDash Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
Photogenic 5 Agrees First Anniversary 5 Likes

I was looking back at the old games, specifically at XY and thinking how much potential it had for more content and how it was treated with that content being shipped over to Sun/Moon, and then I thought "What about a sequel? It would keep things fresh and add a new story". There are other games that also need sequels so I wanna know what you guys think needs a sequel.

Comments

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 LOLs 50 Answers 500 Comments

PokePark deserves a 3rd version. If MYSTERY DUNGEON of all games got so many sequels, why not an actually good Side Game?

Even Pokemon Rumble deserves one more.

• CherryFizz507
    CherryFizz507 Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
    5 Answers 100 Comments Name Dropper 5 Agrees

Honestly If mobile games count for the Apple Vision Pro there should be a

VR port of Pokemon go.

If not mobile games I think there should be a Pokemon legends Galar. They could give more lore on the legend of the two box art Pokemon. They could also show where or what dynamax came from. The only reason for Pokemon legends arceus is to match the sinnoh remakes.

• CherryFizz507
    CherryFizz507 Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
    5 Answers 100 Comments Name Dropper 5 Agrees

Or a Pokemon Z but they will probably never do that.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

@Acornyo

Did you seriously call Mystery Dungeon bad? I doubt you even played any one of the games other than maybe RTDX, which, despite being good, has the worst story out of the games. The other games all have stories much better than most of the mainline games.

I'm not joking. The games are genuinely better than the mainline games in terms of story, and they're really fun to play. I can't even properly describe how good the games are, you need to play them. They've made me cry before.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

SM having a BW2 kind of sequel would be cool. The characters were amazing, and it'd be interesting to see what happened to them a few years after you finished the story.

AND if there could be a memory link type thing imagine what it would be like to see YOU, the player from SM, with the same team you used last time you went to the champion's room (with the levels changed to forty or fifty something for the main game but being the original levels in rematches). It would be so cool.

• Acornyo

@UnovanZorua I would have given the game a shot, and yes it does have a beautiful story, but I can't seem to get a good feeling about the gameplay. Something about the movement type makes it feel off.

• YagoFuecoco
    YagoFuecoco Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Answers 5 LOLs 100 Comments

I think PokéPark deserved a sequel, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon too, and a game that really deserves another sequel is Pokémon Legends: Arceus, I think Pokémon Legends is one of the best additions to the Pokémon games, I think the next one could be either in Johto or Unova

• Prince_Ludwig
    Prince_Ludwig Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
    First Answer Second Anniversary Photogenic 5 Agrees

Pokémon Conquest!

It should totally get a sequel (and not a remake) based on how many more Pokémon would fit the world fantastically since Gen 5.

• FallenFurfrou
    FallenFurfrou Member Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Likes 5 LOLs 100 Comments

X and Y

• Acornyo

PokePark 2 by a mile.