Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Most controversial opinion?

Options
Bolt_Boy25
Bolt_Boy25 Member Posts: 137 ✭✭
5 Likes First Comment 5 LOLs First Answer

Mine is cynthia is overrated. I mean her design is. Her hair clips look stuipid and her dress is strange.

Comments

• Sindiris
    Sindiris Member Posts: 11
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Haven't finished a game in that gen yet, but I agree about her design, but I think people like her for her character more than her looks. Strong, female-type.

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

I'll say it as many times as I need to: all popular Pokemon are overhyped. You might just say "You just don't like all of them!!". And although that's true (Mienfoo > Lucario, Torracat > Incineroar), people basically IDOLIZE Pokemon like Greninja and Gardevoir, and they act like there aren't better Pokemon of the same types (Quagsire, Pumpkaboo, Dachsbun, Slowpoke). I get some Pokemon, like the Phantump line. If you like cute Pokemon, you choose Phantump. If you like tough looking Pokemon, you choose Trevenant. But the thing is, people never listen, even if the Pokemon is MID AT BEST cough Charizard cough.

• Dedenne90524
    Dedenne90524 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes First Answer 5 Agrees
    Options

Snivy and Braixen have terrible pokémon designs imo

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

The 3DS gens had the best games along with gen 5 (and also every Sinnoh game is bad or in Pt's case, only decent).

"XY is too easy" well, have you considered that maybe you shouldn't use the exp share and gift Pokémon intended for 5 year olds to not lose? I just finished a nuzlocke in white and the amount of grinding I had to do was insane. And how tiring it was made me take 3 months to get motivated to not just quit. This was one of the more generous gens as Audino could be found everywhere.

And have you considered that maybe there's more to do than just run for 10 hours in the grass? Maybe do a PR make it look like you're stuck in a haunted house and turned into a Pokémon? Or try to find the best outfit? Maybe become the most stylish person ever? Or play the Berry picking game with your Pokémon? Maybe try to play football against a balloon? Maybe you could also try to befriend people on the PSS?

• Pokeyeah23
    Pokeyeah23 Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Answer First Comment
    Options

I AGREE! In terms of the anime, I really don't get why she was in Black and White, There was just no poin tof her apperance!

• grriffinn
    grriffinn Member Posts: 108 ✭✭
    5 Agrees First Anniversary Photogenic 5 Likes
    Options

Mot controversial TCG opinion: The biggest problem isn’t power creep, it’s Energy acceleration. There are ways to make Energy Acceleration not a broken mess and there should be ways to punish it but Creatures Inc. hasn’t had the scruples to make a balance that strategy in a LONG while. In addition to that Creatures Inc. does a terrible job of balancing sets format-wise, whoever thought printing Zacian V (SWSH base set) immediately after printing Arceus & Dialga & Palkia GX or printing Iron Hands ex after printing Electric Generator and Dynamotor Flaaffy needs to consider second-thinking ideas like that.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 726 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

3D was a mistake for the Pokémon series, and the games are worse for it.

Not because 3D is inherently bad, but because it doesn't play to Gamefreak's strengths and they are clearly not given the time and resources to fully realise Pokémon in a 3D world.

• Etheria24
    Etheria24 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

I actually like shiny Espeon

• CInnaBox
    CInnaBox Member Posts: 27
    5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment First Answer
    Options

I love very forgettable pokemon, like Jumpluff

• Jirarudan
    Jirarudan Member Posts: 67 ✭✭