Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

I drew Ogerpon!

Options
UnovanZorua
UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭✭
5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs First Comment

If you haven't seen mask-less Ogerpon yet, this is a spoiler.

Anyway, this was painful in every way possible.

I put a filter on the first one to raise the brightness a bit (greyscale), and I raised the brightness to the max on the second one to hide that I used the eraser before the ink dried (which usually takes a few seconds..) (You can see some slightly dark lines on the mask in the final photo, near the mouth and eyes). The last photo does not have a filter, not even a little extra brightness, which is why it doesn't look very good. I'm not bad at taking pictures or drawing, it's just the page being a bit dark. Also I'm not good at colouring or lines.

Also, yes, the eyes are closer than they're supposed to be, but two eyes are already difficult enough, especially with Ogerpon's being so complicated. The legs and feet took me ages to draw, and then every time I redrew the legs, I ended up having to move the body a little. And then, because of that, I had to move the arms and then slightly move the face every time (not the eyes, though).

Also, this is what the previous photo looks like with a random filter I chose (also, it has some brightness and saturation and stuff edited). I don't have every colour in the world, so it's a bit useful to do these things. It's also not digital art, so erasing or changing things is hard. (I'm not good at digital art, so I usually draw on paper)

This was a lot, but I hope it gets approved. I put hours into this, please.

Comments

• Alex_Vaporeon
    Alex_Vaporeon Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Agrees First Comment First Answer
    Options

Wow! That looks amazing! I suck at drawing Pokemon but am super into art, so I get excited when I see something good. Great job! :)

• Rileytheriolu93
    Rileytheriolu93 Member Posts: 15
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

That is actually pretty good! I love how clean the lines and colors are. I hope to see more art from you someday!

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer
    Options

You should draw Pokémon art on one of those paper VSTAR markers! Then you can put it in a sleeve and draw with a marker on the back of the sleeve! Then you can have your own custom VSTAR marker. I have a friend who does that, and I tried to do it myself, but I failed majorly. D:

• Mechxel
    Mechxel Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    5 Agrees Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
    Options

Nice

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

Looks like in-game art. Sweet.

• UnovanZorua
    Options

@Acornyo

I looked at a screenshot of Ogerpon's standing animation (from the Pokédex) and the Teal Mask official art (the DLC purchase/outfit gift thing because the box icon is too small) to draw this (I did not trace over them so it was pain. On the bright side, it was a good way to get better).

I'm glad it looks similar, this is some of the most effort I put into a drawing in a while.

• YagoFuecoco
    YagoFuecoco Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 LOLs First Comment 5 Likes
    Options

I found it very incredible, I confess that Ogerpon is one of my favorite legends

• TURTLEEEEEE
    TURTLEEEEEE Member Posts: 49
    Name Dropper 5 Likes Photogenic First Comment
    Options

OMG THAT IS SO REALISTIC

• UnovanZorua
    Options

I wanted to post more art but the image button is gone :(

• Alex_Vaporeon
    Alex_Vaporeon Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭