Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What Does Everyone Think of the New Avatars

Options
Michael629303
Michael629303 Member Posts: 831 ✭✭✭
5 Likes First Comment 5 Agrees 5 LOLs

I see that they got rid of the old avatars, which is a shame but having a wide selection makes up for it. I chose Nidoking because its one of my favorite pokemon.

Comments

• BidoofDude11
    BidoofDude11 Member Posts: 8
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

i think there alright but it needs some time to get used to because there so much different to the likes of sword and shield.

• MewESPEON12
    MewESPEON12 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

They should give ones for all pokemon

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Answer 5 LOLs 5 Agrees
    Options

Kind of excessive to include all of them in a row, if we could search for the Pokémon we want then it would be much better

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 686 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

I wish you could choose the background color for the Pokemon. That's the only issue.

• LibraelDariel
    LibraelDariel Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

I like them, cannot wait to have the Chimchar evo line :)

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

It is a very welcome change. Even if your favourite isn't a Kanto Pokémon, there is bound to be one you at least like in the selection.

But why did it have to replace the previous selection? Could it not have been added onto it? I am sure some people would still like to have access to the Unite avatars.

• cpm1
    cpm1 Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Answer 5 Agrees Name Dropper
    Options

i love them

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

I can finally choose a non-unite avatar. I'm not a big fan of the overly simplistic art style, but at least we have something.

Also, Gen 1 Pokémon don't have the best designs, so I hope we get Pokémon from Gen 5-9 soon. Or at least all the starters and their evolutions, they managed to make pictures for 151 Pokémon after all, and a lot more people prefer the starters.

• Dedenne90524
    Dedenne90524 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes First Answer 5 Agrees
    Options

I love them! The old avatars didn’t have pokémon I really liked, so I’m glad there’s new pokémon. I was going to chose Lapras because it’s my favourite Kanto Pokémon, but I didn’t like the way it was positioned, so that’s why I chose Dragonite.

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer First Comment
    Options

I'm keeping mine, personally- it's cool that we have new options but it's getting a little tiring of seeing Kanto being represented so much when we're 9 generations in. Unless future plans will expand the roster?