Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Pokémon shouldnt replace ash

Victor20113
Victor20113 Member Posts: 5
First Comment Photogenic

They shouldn't replace ash because he has been in the anime for 27 years.

Comments

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

I agree. Once I work for the Pokémon company, I plan to bring him back to the anime sometime after gen 10.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

That ship has sailed. Give it a chance.

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 722 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 LOLs 50 Answers 500 Comments

I mean, they didn't get rid of him, he just grew up and finally achieved his dreams. But he should make a cameo in future episodes as the Champion and challenge Liko and Roy. He could also join the Rising Volt Tacklers on their journey.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

Counterpoint: They should replace Ash because he has been in the anime for 27 years.

• BidoofDude11
    BidoofDude11 Member Posts: 8
    Photogenic First Comment

they should not replace ash as he is the first person you think of when someone says Pokemon besides pikachu.

• Ambrose_
    Ambrose_ Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

What story is there for him to have at this point? He left the series as world champion. The only thing we can do now is make him a Pokemon Master or do random stories with him.

I'm fine with him leaving since we don't have the lore baggage with us now. Hopefully.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

To be honest, I think it's a good decision. Maybe not for marketing and that stuff, but not for writing or uniqueness.

I do think that Ash is cool, but friendly and dumb prodigy protagonists are a little boring. and some of the writers probably couldn't write the stories they actually wanted for a new game because they had to follow the formula Ash and the first few seasons set.

Plus, it gets repetitive seeing Ash being dumb and friendly and then challenging the league once he gets all badges or whatever he needs. As you said, he's been on a journey for 27 years for a single goal.

I'm really glad the writers finally have a little more freedom. There are so many ideas they can't use if Ash was still the main character.

(Small spoiler alert for Horizons since it's not in English yet)

Even though it's a bit tiring how Liko doesn't have a real goal yet, it's written pretty realistically, and her shy personality doesn't feel too forced. Roy's goal of being like the hero of legend he heard about as a kid and his search for (SPOILER) are pretty entertaining. And so far, all the characters work amazing together. Also, they made Roy and Ash have similar "very cheerful and slightly stupid" personalities but made them separate and unique with very different stories. That's pretty cool.