Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Matchmaking broken... again

Options
jon11w
jon11w Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
5 Agrees First Anniversary First Comment 5 LOLs

Well matchmaking seems to have broken again - I assume that the lack of weekly maintenance this week suggests that they really do have to fix this weekly to keep the game playable.

This has been an issue for 6 months now.

A follow up point - are the devs even reading this forum any more? They don't respond to any bug reports or feature suggestions. What's the point in all of this?

Comments

• GadgetBadger
    GadgetBadger Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

They do read, but don’t often reply or engage other than the week after an update when @TPCi_CursedSoup is pretty responsive.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

It's only half-broken now. Restarting the game once or twice will fix it.

• TechHog
    Options

Nevermind it's bad. And they won't do anything until Thursday at the earliest since the devs seem to believe in the "it's a beta" excuse.

• TechHog
    Options

Just uninstalled the app. Will try again when the devs aren't too lazy and disrespectful to players to do something as simple as rebooting servers every few days. Just missed dailies since there's a hard limit on how many matches you can do before it never connects again, and opponents conceding early counts towards that. @TPCi_CursedSoup

• zdsada
    zdsada Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Highly doubt if the dev team even cares the game. Even the most fundamental feature of the game is broken. Imagine a game in 2022 with a constant matchmaking issue.

• cobbsjobs
    cobbsjobs Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

On mobile i have no issues finding a match but on windows i can sit in queue indefinitely and never find one

• BruceOakman
    BruceOakman Member Posts: 7
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

I haven't personally experienced an issue with match making (Not saying there aren't issues with it though), outside of it taking a few minutes to find a match. I have to wonder though, how much of the wait time is due to match making preferences trying to match me up with a similarly ranked opponent, failing, and then widening the pool of potential matches, or if it is a player count issue - so basically not enough players to populate games in a "timely" manner.

• jon11w
    jon11w Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Anniversary First Comment 5 LOLs
    Options

It is not a player count issue. This is a bug that has been occuring for months and we all predicted that it would occur again this weekend just gone due to the lack of maintenance.

When you are in the queue, watch to see whether the Cancel button disappears and then reappears. My assumption is that if this happens, the game has tried and failed to get you into a game, and then just sticks you back into the loading screen eternally.

• Tastybrisket10
    Tastybrisket10 Member Posts: 1
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Hi - I am fairly new to the game and I am noticing this as well after today's maintenance. The cancel button disappears and reappears and I never get in. Honestly, if I don't get into a game within the first 10 seconds of queue then I close the game completely and try again.

• GadgetBadger
    GadgetBadger Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

This is the way